none
Multiple calls to Oracle SP made using WCF-Custom Adapter with multiple Input-records missing? major issue with adapter!! RRS feed

• Question

• I am calling Oracle SP (made using WCF-Custom adapter generated schema) and passing I/P parameters to it and expecting O/P parameters.
    There's an issue here:
    I always get only the first record (from a set of records on my input schema) sent to the Oracle SP and thus it won't loop through the execution of SP for each set of record supplied to it, I beleive it's problem with Oracle adapter only, because the same scenario works perfectly with SQL Adapter.
    Let me know if somebody knows resolution for this. Or if I am missing something?
    Tuesday, October 14, 2008 8:58 PM

Answers

• (3) is not an option, since the license doesn't allow you to deploy in production (or at least, you will not get any support).

(1) and (2) would be the options you should spend time investigating.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 4:58 PM

All replies

• I assume you are using the OracleDB adapter in the BizTalk Adapter Pack. If so, what you are trying to do is not supported, and will definitely not work. The generated XSD only allows one call at a time, and at runtime too, the adapter only expects one call to one SP at a time.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 12:24 AM
  • What is the resolution in case I want multiple SP calls, one for each set of records, can we handle that using some kind of looping if that is not supported?
    Wednesday, October 15, 2008 2:47 PM
  • You can just make multiple calls to the adapter. Use the disassembler stage to split your incoming message into multiple smaller messages, and send each one to the adapter.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 4:56 PM
  • If I have fairly large set of records (100 per message) and 2-3 messages coming every 30 seconds, won't there be a performance lag introduced in this case?

Mustansir - MSFT wrote:

You can just make multiple calls to the adapter. Use the disassembler stage to split your incoming message into multiple smaller messages, and send each one to the adapter.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 5:45 PM
  • Yes, unfortunately, in the BizTalk Adapter Pack v1, it is not possible to invoke multiple SP (or the same SP multiple times) in a single Message. This feature is being added in the BizTalk Adapter Pack v2, which is currently in CTP stage.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 5:51 PM
  • Please let me know the performance impact in this case, by using disassembler!!

ankur_rathi wrote:
    If I have fairly large set of records (100 per message) and 2-3 messages coming every 30 seconds, won't there be a performance lag introduced in this case?

Mustansir - MSFT wrote:

You can just make multiple calls to the adapter. Use the disassembler stage to split your incoming message into multiple smaller messages, and send each one to the adapter.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 6:01 PM
  • The only person who can determine the performance impact using the disassembler is you, since the impact would depend completely upon your environment - your BizTalk machine, your message size, your Oracle server, etc. Your best option is to try it out and measure the performance, and see if its acceptable or not.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 6:07 PM
  • By when do we expect the Biztalk Adapter Pack 2 to be available, not the CTP but usable version?
    Thursday, October 16, 2008 8:14 PM
  • towards the end of the 1st half of 2009

Friday, October 17, 2008 12:40 AM
  • I don't want to wait that longer.
    Advise on 1 of the following appraoces:

1. Diaseemble the message
    2. Take the message to other side(Oracle) and then do the processing.
    3. Deploy CTP version of adapter to PROD???
    Wednesday, October 22, 2008 4:30 PM
  • (3) is not an option, since the license doesn't allow you to deploy in production (or at least, you will not get any support).

(1) and (2) would be the options you should spend time investigating.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 4:58 PM