Embedding scripts in the Web Application DLL RRS feed

• Question

• User1139078909 posted

I know how do embed JavaScript scripts in to the DLL of my controls, but when I try to do the same to embed scripts in to the DLL for the Web Application project itself the system reports that the resource cannot be found.

Is there something different that has to be done in this case?

TIA,

--
    Stuart

Friday, April 11, 2008 3:43 AM

Answers

• User372121194 posted

Hi,

In asp.net web application project, some resource files can be embedded into assembly by selecting the property page for the file and setting "Building action" to "embedded resource".

After embedding the resource into assembly, we need to get these embedded resources and use them in your code.

For more information, see Using embedded resources to improve flexibility in .NET Web applications.

I hope this helps.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, April 15, 2008 6:33 AM

All replies

• User1139078909 posted

Anyone? At all? 

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 3:25 AM
  • User372121194 posted

Hi,

In asp.net web application project, some resource files can be embedded into assembly by selecting the property page for the file and setting "Building action" to "embedded resource".

After embedding the resource into assembly, we need to get these embedded resources and use them in your code.

For more information, see Using embedded resources to improve flexibility in .NET Web applications.

I hope this helps.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, April 15, 2008 6:33 AM
  • User1139078909 posted

Thomas,

Thanks for that. It is a very different technique to the one for embedding a resource in to a control DLL.

I'm going to have to give it a test to see if it'll work for things like CSS and script files though.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 6:47 AM