none
Word 2016 WindowBeforeRightClick event not firing. RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Microsoft,

Please help! For over 10 years my plug-in has used the WindowBeforeRightClick event in VBA, and with the release of Office 2016, this has stopped working. All other events work fine.

My code uses this:

Dim brc As New BeforeRightClick

and

Set brc.App = Word.Application

and in a class called BeforeRightClick:

Private Sub App_WindowBeforeRightClick(ByVal Sel As Selection, Cancel As Boolean)

End Sub

I've since tried the following method using .NET, and again the right-click event doesn't fire, but all other events do:

Private WithEvents oWord As Word.ApplicationClass

Private Sub oWord_ApplicationEvents2_Event_WindowBeforeRightClick(Sel As Word.Selection, ByRef Cancel As Boolean) Handles oWord.ApplicationEvents2_Event_WindowBeforeRightClick
            MsgBox("Right click!!!")
        End Sub

Please let me know as soon as possible when and if this will be fixed, because as our clients start upgrading to Word 2016, this is going to be a very serious problem for my company.

Many thanks and best wishes,

Joe

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 9:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Joe,

Since the issue is urgent, I suggest that you contacting Microsoft support to raise an incident so that our engineer could work closely with him to identify the root cause and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

If the support engineer determines that the issue is the result of a bug the service request will be a no-charge case and you won't be charged.

Please visit the below link to see the various paid support options that are available to better meet your needs.

http://support2.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh%3ben-us%3bofferprophone

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, September 24, 2015 6:38 AM
  • Hi Joe,

This was a bug that has been fixed with March 2016 update for Word 2016.

MS16-029: Description of the security update for Word 2016: March 8, 2016

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3114855

Thanks,

Praveen.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 12:26 AM