Report-specific schedule defaults to 2 AM RRS feed

• Question

• I installed SSRS 2017. When creating a new subscription, it defaults to a report-specific schedule that is set to start at 2 AM. Is there a way to change the time or make a new subscription page default to a shared schedule?

Thank you!

--Lana

• Edited by lanag Tuesday, March 31, 2020 2:25 AM
    Tuesday, March 31, 2020 2:21 AM

All replies

• Hi lanag,

You could edit the subscription to change to Shared Schedule in web portal ->Report->Manage ->Subscriptions->edit->Schedule.

Or you could edit the report-specific schedule to modify it to the desired scheduled time:

Please refer to Create and Manage Subscriptions for more details.

Hope this could help you.

Best Regards,

Amelia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 1, 2020 3:33 AM
  • Hi lanag,

Did the answer above help you? Please feel free to let us know if you have any other question.

If you find any post in the thread is helpful, you could kindly mark it as answer. This would benefit the community, and also encourage the community member to keep working on your issues.

Best Regards,

Amelia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 2, 2020 7:50 AM
  • Thank you for the reply.

I would like different time to be offered without changing it. Users, when creating a new subscriptions, do not pay attention and will create a subscription with a default time 2 AM. 2 AM is when our daily maintenance jobs are running. I am looking to change 2 AM to 8 AM somewhere globally, so it will be presented on the new subscription screen without users changing it.

Is there a setting somewhere or a web page that I could change the time?

Thank you,

--Lana

Friday, April 3, 2020 1:04 AM
  • Hi lana,

Did you mean you want to change the default start schedule time (2 AM) to 8 AM in subscription?

I’m afraid it is not supported to change the default schedule time in configuration files. Here is a thread which might help.

You could set a shared schedule which is started in 8 AM in Setting->Site Setting->Schedules.

And let user use shared schedule in subscription.

In addition, I recommend you to submit it to the Microsoft feedback at this link https://feedback.azure.com/forums/908035-sql-server.

This site will serve as a connecting point between you and Microsoft, and ultimately the large community for you and Microsoft to interact with.

Best Regards,

Amelia

MSDN Community Support

Friday, April 3, 2020 2:25 AM