ASP.NET website with an internal engine / Design RRS feed

• Question

• User210984419 posted

Hello,

I'm new to ASP.NET, and i search something since somedays.

I want to make a website, an intranet website, to manage a company. Schedule, Campaigns, Ressources, Finances....

So i need to have something which run, when there is nobody on the site.

During my research, i have foud windows service, WFC and maybe some SignalR. But i don't know the right way to think about this application type.

Because in more, it's my first web application ^^ I think it's a little hard for a first time, but i'm not the boss ^^

So how do you think that i will have to think this architecture?

Thank you in advance

ps: sorry for my english

Thursday, March 13, 2014 4:27 AM

Answers

• User25800215 posted

You can use either asp.net or Asp.net mvc for web site to make it manage Campaigns, Resources....

More over, if you want like separation of conserns and code coverage/unit testing is concern then go with MVC other wise asp.net is easy and more productive.

Coming to Scheduling, you can create windows service which intern call service ( WCF, REST, webapi....) depends on requirement.

As you are saying intranet application, my suggestion could be use WCF with TCP binding which is faster.... and if you your schedule task is aking longer and it has to execute 1 by 1, use MSMQ binding... If perfonmance is major concern protocol is not an issue the use WEB API or REST which will good for smart devices as well.

I hope above description will be useful...

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, March 14, 2014 2:55 AM

All replies

• User-1067017023 posted

So i need to have something which run, when there is nobody on the site.

Could you please give a few more details? What is the functionality that you want to run when there is nobody on the site?

uring my research, i have foud windows service, WFC and maybe some SignalR.

You would typically use a windows service when you want an always running background process in your application

WCF is primarily intended for cross layer/tier communication, and to achieve loose coupling between different logical layers

SignalR can help to manage real time, two way communication between your UI and business layer

Which of the above are you trying to achieve in your application?

So how do you think that i will have to think this architecture?

Share a few more details, without disclosing confidential information, and we could help you out with your architecture.

Ringoo

Thursday, March 13, 2014 10:26 AM
  • User25800215 posted

You can use either asp.net or Asp.net mvc for web site to make it manage Campaigns, Resources....

More over, if you want like separation of conserns and code coverage/unit testing is concern then go with MVC other wise asp.net is easy and more productive.

Coming to Scheduling, you can create windows service which intern call service ( WCF, REST, webapi....) depends on requirement.

As you are saying intranet application, my suggestion could be use WCF with TCP binding which is faster.... and if you your schedule task is aking longer and it has to execute 1 by 1, use MSMQ binding... If perfonmance is major concern protocol is not an issue the use WEB API or REST which will good for smart devices as well.

I hope above description will be useful...

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, March 14, 2014 2:55 AM
  • User210984419 posted

To Ringoo :

I think that we can say that i need a ERP.

Because the fonctionality that i want to run, are udpate BDD (like save new notification, new material stats, if a project is late...), or schedule task.

I don't have think about everything, for resume my boss said : A intranet application which will help us to manage and predict our projects and ressources (humans, material...)

Yesterday, i have think about this architecture :

A windows service for the "ERP" which host an WCF, like this asp.net site will be able to communic with, and i'll use some logic to don't have real time.

Something like, send an object to the ERP with is old version and is new version. Like this i can check if the old version is the right one (but i'll make something more interresting).

I think that this interaction will be enought for an ERP no? 

---------------

To jnagasuresh :

Thanks for that, yes don't worry i use MVC. I really dislike Windows/Web Forms.

It seems that you have the same idea that i have thinking at work yesterday. 

I juste forget to speak about MSMQ, thank you for the reminder. I need to learn how MSMQ run and it's okay .

It reassure me ^^

Anyways thanks for your opinion!

Friday, March 14, 2014 5:52 AM