VS2010 - Properties view doesn't automatically appear when click on a control RRS feed

• Question

• I am constantly having to fight with the Solution Explorer, Team Explorer, and Properties windows, regarding position and when they appear. How can I make them stack up and why does the Properties window not automatically get switched to when I click on a control?
    Maclain Wiltzer Software Developer
    Tuesday, August 24, 2010 2:09 PM

Answers

• The properties window not showing the right results is a focus issue that we are looking into.  However, it sounds like you are having issues with auto-hidden tool windows.  When you click on Solution Explorer, make sure to click the "pin" button to pin it to the right.  Now, if you need to stack up the Team explorer window, you'll need to click on the tab that's hidden behind solution explorer and drag it up.  Once you land on the bottom dock target, you should be able to see both side by side.  It's hard to describe this without a picture but if you're still having trouble, let me know.

Weston Hutchins | Program Manager | Visual Studio Platform | The Visual Studio Blog
    • Proposed as answer by Brittany Behrens Wednesday, August 25, 2010 12:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by Makolyte Wednesday, August 25, 2010 2:20 PM
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 12:45 AM

All replies

• The properties window not showing the right results is a focus issue that we are looking into.  However, it sounds like you are having issues with auto-hidden tool windows.  When you click on Solution Explorer, make sure to click the "pin" button to pin it to the right.  Now, if you need to stack up the Team explorer window, you'll need to click on the tab that's hidden behind solution explorer and drag it up.  Once you land on the bottom dock target, you should be able to see both side by side.  It's hard to describe this without a picture but if you're still having trouble, let me know.

Weston Hutchins | Program Manager | Visual Studio Platform | The Visual Studio Blog
    • Proposed as answer by Brittany Behrens Wednesday, August 25, 2010 12:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by Makolyte Wednesday, August 25, 2010 2:20 PM
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 12:45 AM
  • Thanks a lot.

Maclain Wiltzer Software Developer
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 2:20 PM