none
Unable to do imports from .dll nightmare RRS feed

• Question

• Gentlemen,

Windows CE 6.0 issue with build.

I made some changes to my sources and it all seems correct I just cannot see anything that I did wrong and the build is building the project correctly but I get the following warnings that are driving me crazy. I have no idea if I could just got and edit the .bib files to get rid of these warnings but I'm not sure.

Warning 8 Warning: Unable to do imports from ppp.dll to RSAENH.dll - will late bind
    Warning 9 Warning: Unable to do imports from schannel.dll to RSAENH.dll - will late bind
    Warning 10 Warning: Unable to do imports from k.schannel.dll to RSAENH.dll - will late bind
    Warning 11 Warning: Unable to do imports from eapol.dll to RSAENH.dll - will late bind
    Warning 12 Warning: Unable to do imports from eapchap.dll to RSAENH.dll - will late bind
    Warning 13 Warning: Unable to do imports from crypt32.dll to RSAENH.dll - will late bind
    Warning 14 Warning: Unable to do imports from k.crypt32.dll to RSAENH.dll - will late bind
    Warning 15 Warning: Unable to do imports from cryptdll.dll to RSAENH.dll - will late bind
    Warning 16 Warning: Unable to do imports from k.cryptdll.dll to RSAENH.dll - will late bind
    Warning 17 Warning: Unable to do imports from credssp.dll to RSAENH.dll - will late bind
    Warning 18 Warning: Unable to do imports from k.credssp.dll to RSAENH.dll - will late bind
    Warning 19 Warning: Unable to do imports from mstscax.dll to CREDUI.dll - will late bind
    Warning 20 Warning: Unable to do imports from sctrl.dll to ntlmssp.dll - will late bind
    Warning 21 Warning: Unable to do imports from ppp.dll to RSAENH.dll - will late bind
    Warning 22 Warning: Unable to do imports from schannel.dll to RSAENH.dll - will late bind
    Warning 23 Warning: Unable to do imports from k.schannel.dll to RSAENH.dll - will late bind
    Warning 24 Warning: Unable to do imports from eapol.dll to RSAENH.dll - will late bind
    Warning 25 Warning: Unable to do imports from eapchap.dll to RSAENH.dll - will late bind
    Warning 26 Warning: Unable to do imports from crypt32.dll to RSAENH.dll - will late bind
    Warning 27 Warning: Unable to do imports from k.crypt32.dll to RSAENH.dll - will late bind
    Warning 28 Warning: Unable to do imports from cryptdll.dll to RSAENH.dll - will late bind
    Warning 29 Warning: Unable to do imports from k.cryptdll.dll to RSAENH.dll - will late bind
    Warning 30 Warning: Unable to do imports from credssp.dll to RSAENH.dll - will late bind
    Warning 31 Warning: Unable to do imports from k.credssp.dll to RSAENH.dll - will late bind
    Warning 32 Warning: Unable to do imports from mstscax.dll to CREDUI.dll - will late bind
    Warning 33 Warning: Unable to do imports from sctrl.dll to ntlmssp.dll - will late bind

what should I do in  my sources to fix these? should I just add each .dll that is missing to my sources so the linker can do its work?

Thanks much,

Gil

Thanks much, -GM

Thursday, February 6, 2014 10:45 PM

All replies

• What changes did you make? You aren't trying to call a user-mode DLL from a kernel-mode driver or something like that? And what build element is generating the messages? Compiling a driver? If so, which driver? If a driver written by you, describe the expected execution environment and post the sources file; if a built-in driver describe what changes you've made triggering the messages.

You didn't do a Build and Sysgen operation, right? Aren't trying to build the PRIVATE code branch?

Paul T.

Friday, February 7, 2014 3:42 PM
  • Hi Paul T,

I also facing this like issue, when i am make run time image after replacing pre built images with mine. i replace tiwlnapi.dll and ti_wlan_sdio.dll

Warning: Unable to do imports from tiwlnapi.dll to ti_wlan_sdio.dll - will late bind
    Processing NK

this is the warning just before building nk.bin.

please help me

Thanks and Regards

Aswin

Tuesday, September 2, 2014 5:54 AM
  • This is just a warning because you just changed the dll files and not the rel files. To prevent this warning make sure you replace all files (so if replacing mydll.dll, make sure to replace mydll.* with matching files).

It's a warning, not an error. All it means is that ROMIMAGE will sort out importing and placing the correct functions in the image at a later time (or runtime, can't remember exactly).

Good luck,

Michel Verhagen, eMVP
    Check out my blog: http://guruce.com/blog

GuruCE
    Microsoft Embedded Partner
    http://guruce.com
    Consultancy, training and development services.

• Proposed as answer by Paul G. Tobey Monday, September 8, 2014 3:14 PM
    Thursday, September 4, 2014 10:03 AM