none
Bind rdlc report to List<Customer> help RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I am new to rdlc report. What I want is that I have a List<customer> listcus = new List<customer>(); I want to bind it to the report to the listcus . How can I do that.

• Moved by Bob Shen Wednesday, January 9, 2013 7:24 AM (From:Visual C# )
    Tuesday, January 8, 2013 6:52 AM

All replies

• Hi itman1981,

I would like to redirect you to appropriate forum for better responses.      

Bob Shen
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 7:24 AM
  • you will first need to add a public method which returns a list of customers List<customer> listcus = new List<customer>(); Make sure your customer class have public feilds in it.

Later Add new rdlc file. then with rdlc file opened in editor click on View -> Report Data this will open Report Data window.

Here select New Dataset. when you do this a new pop up window will come up and here you will be allowed to select the assembly / project in which you have already added public methods which returns list of customers. if there are more than one method which return list you can select the appropriate in the dropdown below it.

Once this is done you will see a new node has appeared in report data window which has your dataset and public feilds of customer class.

you can add a table and then drag drop required feilds on rdlc file as per you requirement.

hopw this helps

Regards

Mohan Chug

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 10:23 AM