none
CRM Assign Request RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi All

     

    I'm trying to assign an Owner to an account but CRM keeps throwing the same error?

    "CRM adaptor was not able to find entity metadata, please check the value for "crm_action" and root node name in input xml."

     

    This is the xml i'm passing to CRM

    <ns0:AssignRequest crm_action="Assign" xmlns:s0="http://microsoft.com/wsdl/types/" xmlns:tns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/crm/2007/WebServices" xmlns:s3="http://schemas.microsoft.com/crm/2006/WebServices" xmlns:ns0="http://crm/schemas.microsoft.com/crm/2007/DEV/AssignRequest" xmlns:s4="http://schemas.microsoft.com/crm/2006/Scheduling" xmlns:s1="http://schemas.microsoft.com/crm/2006/CoreTypes" xmlns:s2="http://schemas.microsoft.com/crm/2006/Query" xmlns:s5="http://schemas.microsoft.com/crm/2007/CoreTypes" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><Target xsi:type="tns:TargetOwnedAccount"><tns:EntityId>12342f23-7c5c-e011-a1a2-00155d222006</tns:EntityId></Target><Assignee><s1:PrincipalId>ABCD49FC-CE0D-E011-8CB5-00155D222006</s1:PrincipalId><s1:Type>systemuser</s1:Type></Assignee></ns0:AssignRequest>

     

    Thanks

    Monday, April 18, 2011 4:16 PM

All replies

  • I apologize for the delay in responding to your question.  I did some research and the only thing that I found was the someone else got the same error and it was isolated to sending the wrong message.  That was only determined by reviewing the customer's code.  if you will like us to do so, you would need to open a case for paid support, or you might try giving us more details about your project here in the forum.

    the information I posted here refers to CRM v 4

     


    Best Regards, Imelda
    Monday, May 2, 2011 4:16 AM
  • Hi I've solved the problem.

    It is not possible to set the account owner on creation of the account.

    To assign the account owner I needed to use the assign_request.xsd. After I'd created the account.

    I then came across the problem of what to set the crm_action to on the assign schema.

    But eventually I found that it should be set to "execute" (case sensitive)

    Also the PrincipalId on the Assignee node needed to be set to "User" (case sensitive)

    It took at lot of trial and error to work this out. There seems to be very little documentation on this subject.

    Thanks for your comments

     

     

    Thursday, May 12, 2011 9:48 AM