Razor Pages: Simple Login And Simple Querys RRS feed

• Question

• User-1590999572 posted

Visual Studio Code 1.48 | .NET Core 3.1

Hi all

Using exclusively Razor Pages (not MVC, that is, without the Controllers "layer").

1 ° How to register in the System using a Form that makes a simple Query to the SQL Server Database without having to implement the entire Model structure? Can this be done?

2 ° Consequently, how could I perform Simple Select Queries without implementing a complete CRUD?

Thank you very much already

Thursday, October 15, 2020 11:18 AM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

These topics are covered in every beginning level Entity Framework tutorials and openly in the official documentation.  I recommend taking time to learn the fundamentals and exploring the framework.  At least share code that you have tried.

1 ° How to register in the System using a Form that makes a simple Query to the SQL Server Database without having to implement the entire Model structure? Can this be done?

Your question is too vague to answer.

I recommend Identity if you are looking for a complete user account management system. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/core/security/authentication/identity?view=aspnetcore-3.1&tabs=visual-studio

I recommend cookie authentication if you want to integrate an existing user data store. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/core/security/authentication/cookie?view=aspnetcore-3.1  Cookie authentication works with the built in Razor Pages security.

2 ° Consequently, how could I perform Simple Select Queries without implementing a complete CRUD?

The community assumes forum members have fundamental knowledge to perform basic programming tasks.  You should be able to write a select query and share the code here if the select query is not functioning as expected.  We have no idea how to help you if you do not share your work.

Thursday, October 15, 2020 12:28 PM