Azure ACS & Office 365 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, i'm using Azure's ACS and I've added Office 365 to be an IdP.

When the user chooses to sign in into my application using Office 365 credentials via the Office 365 login portal, I get the following error message from office 365.

ACS50001: Relying party with realm 'https://<namespace>.accesscontrol.windows.net/' was not found.

May I check what I should do to resolve this error?

Thank You.

Regards,

RARP-34

Monday, January 21, 2013 6:25 AM

Answers

• Hi,

It is the message from ACS Error Code for this error:

ACS50001

Requested relying party realm '<Realm URL>' is unknown.

There was a mismatch between the AppliesTo given in the token request and the realms you have configured in ACS. Check that: 1. Your relying party has its realm configured correctly. You can do this through the Management Portal or using the Management Service, by looking at your RelyingParty.RelyingPartyAddresses entries. 2. Your relying party has been associated with the identity provider. You can also do this from the Management Portal or using the Management Service, by looking at your RelyingPartyIdentityProviders entries.

I see you also post the thread in Office 365 forum. I think it is better place for help, because I don't have office 365 account. Hope they help.

Also I see some threads mentioned, it may be caused by the upper case in realm, so try with all lower case.

Thanks,

QinDian Tang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 3:31 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It is the message from ACS Error Code for this error:

ACS50001

Requested relying party realm '<Realm URL>' is unknown.

There was a mismatch between the AppliesTo given in the token request and the realms you have configured in ACS. Check that: 1. Your relying party has its realm configured correctly. You can do this through the Management Portal or using the Management Service, by looking at your RelyingParty.RelyingPartyAddresses entries. 2. Your relying party has been associated with the identity provider. You can also do this from the Management Portal or using the Management Service, by looking at your RelyingPartyIdentityProviders entries.

I see you also post the thread in Office 365 forum. I think it is better place for help, because I don't have office 365 account. Hope they help.

Also I see some threads mentioned, it may be caused by the upper case in realm, so try with all lower case.

Thanks,

QinDian Tang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 3:31 AM
  • Hi

I ran into the same issue. You need to create a service principal in your O365 directory. It can be done via Powershell. See the Configuring WAAD section at the following link. http://dominicbetts.github.io/waad-acs-sample/configwaad.html Overall, your O365 AD tenant needs to grant access to ACS as a service that it will send claims to.

Regards
    Dave

Thursday, April 17, 2014 7:52 PM