data grid in wpf expression blend 2.0 RRS feed

• Question

• hello to all experts!

i want a data grid in wpf expression blend 2.0 which i am not finding in asset library

i also added references like System.Windows.Control.Data but still i am not finding datagrid any where.

i added references from Silverlight/library/client i dont remember exact path but it is somewhat like that.

it is showing messages like unable to load the dll and all. how to do it, where can i find those dll's.

please help!!! 

• Moved by Linda Liu Friday, April 9, 2010 7:31 AM (From:Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF))
    • Moved by Linda Liu Friday, April 9, 2010 7:32 AM (From:Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF))
    Friday, April 2, 2010 11:30 AM

Answers

• Hi Dear

Visit the Silverlight 2 DataGrid December 2008 Release download page and follow the installation instructions carefully. 

In order to use the new DataGrid you need to do all of the following:

1. Close all instances of Microsoft Visual Studio.
    2. Delete all cached toolbox items by removing all files beginning with "toolbox" from %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\9.0.
      • On Microsoft Windows XP, %LocalAppData% is Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data.
      • On Microsoft Windows Vista, %LocalAppData% is Users\UserName\AppData\Local.
    3. Replace the following assemblies with the ones contained in the package in the link above:
      • %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SDKs\Silverlight\v2.0\Libraries\Client\System.Windows.Controls.Data.dll
      • %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SDKs\Silverlight\v2.0\Libraries\Client\System.Windows.Controls.Data.Design.dll
    4. For any existing projects, delete the reference to System.Windows.Controls.Data.dll and then re-add the reference.

We hope you enjoy the update and we look forward to bringing great new things to future versions of the DataGrid.

Sunil Sourabh Senior Software Engineer Wipro Technologies
    • Marked as answer by Linda Liu Friday, April 9, 2010 3:10 AM
    Friday, April 2, 2010 11:58 AM

All replies

• hello to all experts!

i want a data grid in wpf expression blend 2.0 which i am not finding in asset library

i also added references like System.Windows.Control.Data but still i am not finding datagrid any where.

i added references from Silverlight/library/client i dont remember exact path but it is somewhat like that.

it is showing messages like unable to load the dll and all. how to do it, where can i find those dll's.

please help!!! 

• Merged by Linda Liu Monday, April 5, 2010 3:01 AM duplicate issue
    Friday, April 2, 2010 11:27 AM
  • Hi Dear

Visit the Silverlight 2 DataGrid December 2008 Release download page and follow the installation instructions carefully. 

In order to use the new DataGrid you need to do all of the following:

1. Close all instances of Microsoft Visual Studio.
    2. Delete all cached toolbox items by removing all files beginning with "toolbox" from %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\9.0.
      • On Microsoft Windows XP, %LocalAppData% is Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data.
      • On Microsoft Windows Vista, %LocalAppData% is Users\UserName\AppData\Local.
    3. Replace the following assemblies with the ones contained in the package in the link above:
      • %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SDKs\Silverlight\v2.0\Libraries\Client\System.Windows.Controls.Data.dll
      • %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SDKs\Silverlight\v2.0\Libraries\Client\System.Windows.Controls.Data.Design.dll
    4. For any existing projects, delete the reference to System.Windows.Controls.Data.dll and then re-add the reference.

We hope you enjoy the update and we look forward to bringing great new things to future versions of the DataGrid.

Sunil Sourabh Senior Software Engineer Wipro Technologies
    • Marked as answer by Linda Liu Friday, April 9, 2010 3:10 AM
    Friday, April 2, 2010 11:58 AM