sysdtslog90 RRS feed

• Question

• My apologies if this is the wrong forum, as I am a bit new to the security side of SQL server

After running the MBSA anaylzer, I found that I had one issue that needed to be addressed.

It said that I should not create the sysdtslog90 in the Master or MSDB databases.

There was little information provided, and what I could find is limited. Could someone shed some light on why I would not want to create this log in these databases, and correspondingly, what databases I should be creating it in, and why?

Friday, August 15, 2008 3:26 PM

All replies

• I'll bet you never did create that SysDtsLog90 table in your msdb database, did you?   I say this because we didn't create one, either, yet when we ran the MSBA Analyzer, it found that SysDtsLog90 table in our msdb database, too. 

So it would appear that some Microsoft software created that table for some reason - and then the MSBA blames the User for creating it.  Does that sound about right?   

If anybody knows the answer to this, won't you let us know?   Thanks.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 7:04 PM
    • I understand that when you enable SSIS package logging, you have to choose a connection that defines where to write the log.   The log table is always (currently) named sysdtslog90.   Running the SSIS package will create the table.

RLF 

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 8:39 PM