Using LDAP to retrieve Meaningful RACF Password Messages RRS feed

• Question

• User-1622042073 posted

Hey All,

I have a question for anybody who is using VB.NET and ASP.NET 1.1 as a front end to a Legacy IMS System.  We currently are using IMSConnect to achieve this.  One major flaw with IMSConnect is that when a user tries to sign on using their RACF userid and RACF password, we get the same return message from IMSConnect whether the user's password has expired, revoked, incorrect syntax, etc.

I have heard you can make LDAP calls to retrieve meaningful RACF information like Password messages. 

Chapter 18 in IBM Manuals "LDAP Server Administration and Use, SC24-5923" provides the error codes (Password, expired, userid revoked, etc)

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/epubs/pdf/glda2a31.pdf  look at table 39.

Has anyone currently implemented such a solution using .NET.  I would be very grateful if anyone could share some insight or code examples on how to get those return messages back to the Web Application.

I have been scanning the other LDAP threads to learn more about DirectoryServices and how to do a LDAP search, but because RACF is involved I am not sure if i can use any of that code

Thanks

Omid Zamani 

Friday, January 5, 2007 6:01 PM

All replies

• User-1622042073 posted

Anyone out there using LDAP/RACF for signon messages?

Or anyone using IMSCONNECT and using another method to retrieve meaningful password messages.   Password expired, Password revoked, etc...

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Omid Zamani

Monday, January 15, 2007 6:33 PM