can't find the procedure 'aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion''? RRS feed

• Question

• User102520033 posted

I pick out  the zip files from the starter kit,and  open it with visual studio 2005, then create the database TimeTracker in sql server 2005 CTP manually. I also change the web.config file ,but when i login ,an error occurs like this:

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: can't find the procedure  'dbo.aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion'。

source errors:

line 11:          if (Roles.Enabled)
    line 12:         {
    line 13:            if (!Roles.RoleExists("ProjectAdministrator"))
    line 14:             {
    line 15:                 Roles.CreateRole("ProjectAdministrator");

why?
    thanks.
    Friday, November 25, 2005 8:04 PM

All replies

• User102520033 posted

successed! I know how to do it now !
    1 pick up the zip file from the starter kit, unzip it and open it in visual stuion 2005.
    2 create an empty database named TimeTracker in Sql Server 2005
    3 run the tool asapnet_regsql.exe under C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\<version 2>, config your database TimeTracker
    4 execute the script timetracker-add.sql (under <work directory>\time_finalbeta_cs\App_Data) in Sql Server 2005
    5 change the web.config like this:
     <connectionStrings>
      <add name="aspnet_staterKits_TimeTracker" connectionString="server=HOMISWEBSERVER\SQLSERVER2005;uid=sa;pwd=homis2005;database=TimeTracker"/>
      <!--"Data Source=.\SQLExpress;Integrated Security=True;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|TimeTracker.mdf;User Instance=true" />
      -->
      <remove name="LocalSqlServer"/>
      <add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="server=HOMISWEBSERVER\SQLSERVER2005;uid=sa;pwd=homis2005;database=TimeTracker"/>
      <!--
      Data Source=.\SQLExpress;Integrated Security=True;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|TimeTracker.mdf;User Instance=true" />
      -->
     </connectionStrings>
    6 before login,you should create a new user on the login page at first,do you see the linklabe "Create new user"?
    7 enjoy it.

Friday, November 25, 2005 10:07 PM
  • Tuesday, March 13, 2007 12:49 AM
  • User555306248 posted
    Check whether proper DB installed or not..??
    Tuesday, April 17, 2007 1:08 AM