none
Platform stops booting in RELFSD RRS feed

• Question

• When booting up the platform, it hangs ONLY when KITL is enabled.  When the Kernel debugger is enabled as well; it seems the system gets stuck after loading the symbols for RELFSD:

PB Debugger Loaded symbols for 'C:\WINCE600\OSDESIGNS\EVM_3530\EVM_3530\RELDIR\EVM_OMAP3530_ARMV4I_RELEASE\RELFSD.DLL'

Any ideas of what might be causing this?

Thanks.

Monday, July 26, 2010 9:05 PM

Answers

• Yes, I confirmed that; however with KITL disabled I see Ethernet driver problems and maybe that's what affecting KITL. I'm investigating.

Thanks.

It turns out the ethernet controller had an issue with the interrupts, while KITL attempts to read a DLL from the host. Problem solved

• Marked as answer by M_SJ Thursday, July 29, 2010 3:40 PM
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 9:10 PM

All replies

• One of the problems here is that it "gets stuck" after loading symbols for relfsd.  So what happens after that?  A debug build with KITL disabled and serial debug output would tell you what happens next.

One thing to check is whether you have disabled your Ethernet driver.  If your Ethernet driver loads, it will cause KITL to fail.

Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com
    Monday, July 26, 2010 9:47 PM
  • Thanks Bruce,

The problem here is that once I disable KITL everything works fine; therefore I don't know how to look at this problem.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 8:55 PM
  • Yes, it should boot fine.  That will give you a baseline of debug output to compare against to find out what happens after loading relfsd.
    Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 12:20 PM
  • Everything is pointing out to a hardware issue; although I don't understand how can that be different with/without KITL.
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 2:26 PM
  • Did you confirm that with KITL you are not loading the ethernet driver?
    Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 3:34 PM
  • Yes, I confirmed that; however with KITL disabled I see Ethernet driver problems and maybe that's what affecting KITL. I'm investigating.

Thanks.

It turns out the ethernet controller had an issue with the interrupts, while KITL attempts to read a DLL from the host. Problem solved

• Marked as answer by M_SJ Thursday, July 29, 2010 3:40 PM
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 9:10 PM
  • How did you resolve your interrupt issue inside the controller?

Did you change any lines of code?

Friday, October 26, 2012 8:53 PM
  • I managed to solve my problem by selecting polling mode for kitl inside eboot.

Thursday, November 1, 2012 12:19 PM