c# newbie RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

What is the fastest way to learn C#?? 

I need to clean out some source code with bugs... Help needed urgently! Thanx.

...time & chance happen to them all!
    • Edited by 07-0466 Tuesday, October 11, 2011 8:55 AM
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 8:54 AM

Answers

• C# Station Tutorial is a good and free article to teach you C#!

You should read articles and download source-code of articles and debug them to know how it work.

For debug codes, you need to press F11(step into) to tell visual studio compiler build your project and set debugging pointer to first executing line. when you are in debugging, each F11 key press event move forward one step! In Debugging mode, move mouse cursor under variables to see what values is assigned.

All Types in Visual studio editor become Light Green by default. for example in Console.WriteLine Console is a type! so, you can read more about Types in MSDN Library.

If you can't compile source codes or have another problems, first of all search Google and if you can't solve your problem, Ask a question in related MSDN C# Forums.

Any fool can know. The point is to understand.(Albert Einstein)
    • Marked as answer by 07-0466 Thursday, October 13, 2011 12:02 PM
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 10:20 AM

All replies

•  

What is the fastest way to learn C#?? 

Dedication towards anticipation :-)

Knowledge is like light; It spreads only when you have clear and transparent mind.
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 9:15 AM
  • be strong with your understanding and logics

for language understanding you can refer

1. http://www.amazon.com/Sams-Teach-Yourself-21-Days/dp/0672320711

2. MSDN Library

Mark Answered, if it solves your question
    Rohit Arora
    • Proposed as answer by t_venuga Tuesday, October 11, 2011 12:07 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by 07-0466 Tuesday, October 11, 2011 1:02 PM
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 9:29 AM
  • Quick C# - www.codeproject.com/KB/cs/quickcsharp.aspx

C# Programming Guide - msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/67ef8sbd(v=VS.100).aspx

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 9:41 AM
  • Fastest way would be to pickup a reference and learn OOPS and language basics. Best would be to write the code. But remember there are no shortcuts. You have to go through every concept of the language otherwise code seems to be very obscure and you would be able to unleash the power of C#. If you want to have a good foundation start with "Complete Reference to C#" - Herbert Schildt
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 9:48 AM
  • do more learn more . There is no shortcut.

Want to add MVP with my name.
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 9:54 AM
  • C# Station Tutorial is a good and free article to teach you C#!

You should read articles and download source-code of articles and debug them to know how it work.

For debug codes, you need to press F11(step into) to tell visual studio compiler build your project and set debugging pointer to first executing line. when you are in debugging, each F11 key press event move forward one step! In Debugging mode, move mouse cursor under variables to see what values is assigned.

All Types in Visual studio editor become Light Green by default. for example in Console.WriteLine Console is a type! so, you can read more about Types in MSDN Library.

If you can't compile source codes or have another problems, first of all search Google and if you can't solve your problem, Ask a question in related MSDN C# Forums.

Any fool can know. The point is to understand.(Albert Einstein)
    • Marked as answer by 07-0466 Thursday, October 13, 2011 12:02 PM
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 10:20 AM
  • Hi

Check out this book

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0470191376/?tag=stackoverfl08-20

Regards,

Charan S

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 10:34 AM
  • Hello,

If you're new comer without any prior knowledge in software, I wouldn't recommend you to learn from the internet, start by purchasing a book or two.

Don't pick books that only teaches you the language, pick one that you can learn the language, the framework and the basics of object-oriented design, such as this C# 2010 All-in-One For Dummies.

I haven't read this one but I heard about it and I guess it's one of few.

Eyal (http://shilony.net), Regards.
    • Edited by Eyal Solnik Tuesday, October 11, 2011 11:03 AM
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 11:03 AM
  • This is the best book that I had used to learn C#:

http://www.headfirstlabs.com/books/hfcsharp/index.php

You have there a link to download the first 3 chapters for free.

Noam B.

Do not Forget to Vote as Answer/Helpful, please. It encourages us to help you...
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 11:14 AM
  • I would certainly agree with all peeps suggesting that you do not begin learning on the Internet. Buy yourself a good book or two. Or a few. Schildt and Deitel are two very highly regarded programming authors, and you won't go far wrong with their books. In my humble opinion, for Dummies books and these 'in 21 days' (or even worse, 'in 24 hours!') are of no use to anyone.
    James Finch (MCDST) -- Please vote as helpful if you found this post helpful, or mark as answer if it answered your question.
    • Edited by Woohoooo Tuesday, October 11, 2011 11:50 AM
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 11:48 AM
  • Thank you D.Sreedhar, will keep that in mind as I learn C# !!
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 11:56 AM
  • Some sound advice right there RohitArora! Thank you:-)
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 11:57 AM
  • Site really helped ..thanx alot BioGeneZ! Gud day.
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 11:58 AM
  • In my humble opinion, for Dummies books and these 'in 21 days' (or even worse, 'in 24 hours!') are of no use to anyone.

Just to be fair I can say that in my experience some of the books "For Dummies" are actually good. ;)

Eyal (http://shilony.net), Regards.
    • Edited by Eyal Solnik Tuesday, October 11, 2011 1:27 PM
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 1:27 PM