none
Failed to map the path '/' RRS feed

• Question

• I am new to ReportViewer

I downloaded some sample ASP.NET projects from http://www.gotreportviewer.com/

but every time i execute the project i get the following error

Failed to map the path '/'

Please let me know how i can run those sample projects.

Here is the link for the sample projects i downloaded.

http://www.gotreportviewer.com/WebSubreport.zip

http://www.gotreportviewer.com/WebDrillthrough.zip

I am using VS2010.

Thursday, December 9, 2010 4:36 AM

All replies

• This is the exact error message. I am opening the downloaded sample project as a website.

Server Error in '/SubreportDemo' Application.

Failed to map the path '/'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Failed to map the path '/'.

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: c:\Users\Bhanu\AppData\Local\Temp\Temporary ASP.NET Files\subreportdemo\a697813b\6724d632\App_Web_pkhapo0a.0.cs    Line: 0

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: Failed to map the path '/'.]
    System.Web.Configuration.ProcessHostConfigUtils.MapPathActual(String siteName, VirtualPath path) +253
    System.Web.Configuration.ProcessHostMapPath.MapPathCaching(String siteID, VirtualPath path) +669
    System.Web.Configuration.ProcessHostMapPath.GetPathConfigFilenameWorker(String siteID, VirtualPath path, String& directory, String& baseName) +19
    System.Web.Configuration.ProcessHostMapPath.System.Web.Configuration.IConfigMapPath.GetPathConfigFilename(String siteID, String path, String& directory, String& baseName) +37
    System.Web.Configuration.HostingPreferredMapPath.GetPathConfigFilename(String siteID, String path, String& directory, String& baseName) +75
    System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationHost.GetStreamName(String configPath) +8848790
    System.Configuration.Internal.DelegatingConfigHost.GetStreamName(String configPath) +13
    System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile() +154

[ConfigurationErrorsException: An error occurred loading a configuration file: Failed to map the path '/'.]
    System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal) +650948
    System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors) +31
    System.Configuration.Configuration..ctor(String locationSubPath, Type typeConfigHost, Object[] hostInitConfigurationParams) +356
    System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigConfigurationFactory.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigConfigurationFactory.Create(Type typeConfigHost, Object[] hostInitConfigurationParams) +29
    System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationHost.OpenConfiguration(WebLevel webLevel, ConfigurationFileMap fileMap, VirtualPath path, String site, String locationSubPath, String server, String userName, String password, IntPtr tokenHandle) +775
    System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationManager.OpenWebConfigurationImpl(WebLevel webLevel, ConfigurationFileMap fileMap, String path, String site, String locationSubPath, String server, String userName, String password, IntPtr userToken) +84
    System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationManager.OpenWebConfiguration(String path) +36
    Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportViewer.ConfigContainsHandler() +87
    Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportViewer.OnInit(EventArgs e) +111
    System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +333
    System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +210
    System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +210
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +6741
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +242
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +80
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +21
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49
    ASP.default_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\Users\Bhanu\AppData\Local\Temp\Temporary ASP.NET Files\subreportdemo\a697813b\6724d632\App_Web_pkhapo0a.0.cs:0
    System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +181
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Thursday, December 9, 2010 9:23 AM
  • bhanu2217, the samples that are maintained by the ReportViewer team is found at http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/reportviewer. There's a SupplyingData sample there that uses subreports, and may apply to your scenario.

Cephas Lin This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
    Thursday, December 9, 2010 4:21 PM