Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer - Unable to retrieve child resources RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm experiencing the same issue trying to access my azure table under [SAS-Attached Services].

When I use SAS token to add table, it will also take forever to do so.

The error is: 

Unable to retrieve child resources

Details: Cannot read property 'containerName' of undefined

How can I fix this?

Hope this is the right place for this question.

Cheers,
    Kevin.

Monday, March 11, 2019 10:31 PM

All replies

• I have went through this last year :) 

refer this : 

https://github.com/CawaMS/StorageExplorerTroubleshootingGuide/blob/master/se-troubleshooting-guide.md#self-signed-certificate-in-certificate-chain

"Unable to Retrieve Children" Error Message

If you are connected to Azure through a proxy, verify that your proxy settings are correct. If you were granted access to a resource from the owner of the subscription or account, verify that you have read or list permissions for that resource.

Issues with SAS URL

If you are connecting to a service using a SAS URL and experiencing this error: * Verify that the URL provides the necessary permissions to read or list resources. * Verify that the URL has not expired. * If the SAS URL is based on an access policy, verify that the access policy has not been revoked.

Monday, March 11, 2019 11:22 PM
  • @Kevin,

I believe you are getting the same error as shown below screenshot.

Could you help us with storage explorer version and in which os you are using(Windows, macOS and Linux)?

Inaddition to ganesan response, if you are connected to Azure through a proxy, verify that your proxy settings are correct. If you are granted access to a resource from the owner of the subscription or account, verify that you have read or list permissions for that resource.

Please follow the steps mentioned in the below troubleshooting guide and delete %appdata%\storageexplorer folder to resolve this issue.

Ref:-  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/common/storage-explorer-troubleshooting#cannot-remove-attached-account-or-storage-resource

You may also refer the similar issue here. See if this helps you.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on this.

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 3:09 AM
  • @Kevin,

Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Friday, March 15, 2019 7:05 AM