I have a Question RRS feed

• Question

• When I open a link in a new window on my web browser, It opens it up with Internet Explorer. How can I tell it to open up new windows with itself, and not internet explorer?
    Monday, August 28, 2006 1:14 AM

Answers

• im unsure about the ClickOnce approach about launching a desktop shortcut to the application but it can be done using the IWsh runtime component:

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=666414&SiteID=1

as for your first question can we see your code? and can you explain the problem a bit clearer about "...it opens up with Internet Explorer, how can I tell it to open up new windows with itself"

Monday, August 28, 2006 1:32 AM

All replies

• Also, is there a way to make the setup program launch a desktop shortcut to your application?
    Monday, August 28, 2006 1:28 AM
  • im unsure about the ClickOnce approach about launching a desktop shortcut to the application but it can be done using the IWsh runtime component:

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=666414&SiteID=1

as for your first question can we see your code? and can you explain the problem a bit clearer about "...it opens up with Internet Explorer, how can I tell it to open up new windows with itself"

Monday, August 28, 2006 1:32 AM
  • Ok... If I try to open up a web page in a new window(With my custom built web browser) It opens up a new window with internet explorer. I want new windows to open up with my custom browser, not internet explorer
    Monday, August 28, 2006 1:36 AM
  • Ohh yeah. Thank you for answering my second question
    Monday, August 28, 2006 1:37 AM
  • Back to Question 2... I have added that COM componet, and now I don't know where it went.
    Monday, August 28, 2006 1:45 AM
  • Wait... I found it. The Iwsh Runtime. Now what do I do
    Monday, August 28, 2006 1:47 AM
  • does this happen with ANY link? If not, most likely the link is telling the browser to open a new window, therefore IE will open, unless you have perhaps some tabbing system in your browser, im unsure as I've never done this before.

Monday, August 28, 2006 1:48 AM
  • please edit your posts instead of making multiple replies - it helps other members.

Just read the link I provided, I've given an example in there on how to create a desktop shortcut using the IWsh runtime component.

The desktop shortcut would be made within the application itself, any where you like, however if you are talking about within the installer, then I don't know how you would do this in ClickOnce deployment or even if it is possible. You would have to refer to the docs in this case.

Monday, August 28, 2006 1:49 AM