locked
SMTP Relay in II6 is Removing RCPT RRS feed

  • Question

  • User-1902694794 posted


    I have an odd problem. When I telnet or send email using smtpclient if a to address is anything but .com it does not make it through the relay. I can se it in the go but in the command line the rcpt is not included. If I create an email as a text file with the same address then drop it in the pickup folder that are sent.

    What would be causing all emails except those that are .com to be removed and not relayed?
    Thursday, October 2, 2014 1:41 PM

Answers

  • User-1902694794 posted

    Ok figured it out. I had added an extra remote domain to the server that was conflicting with the relay 

    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Tuesday, September 28, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, October 3, 2014 3:50 PM

All replies

  • User-1122936508 posted

    What NDR is being sent back to the sending email address?

    What is the status code in the SMTP log file?

    etc.

    Friday, October 3, 2014 12:34 AM
  • User-1902694794 posted

    Here is some more info.  It seems to be blocking all but .com addresses.  If an email is created with multiple to address the .com gets an OutboundConnectionCommand but any other address never gets a OutboundConnectionCommand and the EML file is left in the mailroot\Queue directory.

    I do not get an NDR because it never get out of the queue

    Here is a quick test where I send it to a .us extension that exists

    2014-10-03 14:25:38 127.0.0.1 xxxtest SMTPSVC1 xxxTEST 127.0.0.1 0 QUIT - xxxTest 240 75317
    2014-10-03 14:32:24 127.0.0.1 xxxTest SMTPSVC1 xxxTEST 127.0.0.1 0 EHLO - +xxxTest 250 0
    2014-10-03 14:32:24 127.0.0.1 xxxTest SMTPSVC1 xxxTEST 127.0.0.1 0 MAIL - +FROM:<Eric@xxx.com> 250 0
    2014-10-03 14:32:24 127.0.0.1 xxxTest SMTPSVC1 xxxTEST 127.0.0.1 0 RCPT - +TO:<lxxx2@gmx.us> 250 0
    2014-10-03 14:32:24 127.0.0.1 xxxTest SMTPSVC1 xxxTEST 127.0.0.1 0 DATA - <xxxTESTGXix4A200000013@xxxTest.xxx.local> 250 0
    2014-10-03 14:33:58 127.0.0.1 xxTest SMTPSVC1 xxxTEST 127.0.0.1 0 QUIT - xxxTest 240 94100

    AS you can see it never even sends any OutboundConnectionCommand.  If I use a bad address that does exist in .edu, .gov., etc I get and Undeliverable message, but if the address is good it never gets sent.

    If I add a .com address I get

    2014-10-03 14:35:37 127.0.0.1 XxxTest SMTPSVC1 XXXTEST 127.0.0.1 0 EHLO - +XxxTest 250 0
    2014-10-03 14:35:37 127.0.0.1 XxxTest SMTPSVC1 XXXTEST 127.0.0.1 0 MAIL - +FROM:<Eric@xxx.com> 250 0
    2014-10-03 14:35:37 127.0.0.1 XxxTest SMTPSVC1 XXXTEST 127.0.0.1 0 RCPT - +TO:<lxxx2@gmx.us> 250 0
    2014-10-03 14:35:37 127.0.0.1 XxxTest SMTPSVC1 XXXTEST 127.0.0.1 0 RCPT - +TO:<Eric@xxx.com> 250 0
    2014-10-03 14:35:37 127.0.0.1 XxxTest SMTPSVC1 XXXTEST 127.0.0.1 0 DATA - <XXXTESTQwY6YHk00000014@XxxTest.fxxxt.local> 250 0
    2014-10-03 14:35:37 206.111.111.111OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC1 XXXTEST - 7274572 - - 220+exx.xxx.data.net+Microsoft+ESMTP+MAIL+Service+ready+at+Fri,+3+Oct+2014+07:35:48+-0700 0 0
    2014-10-03 14:35:37 206.111.111.111OutboundConnectionCommand SMTPSVC1 XXXTEST - 7274572 EHLO - XxxTest.fxxxt.local 0 0
    2014-10-03 14:35:37 206.111.111.111OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC1 XXXTEST - 7274572 - - 250-exx.xxx.data.net+Hello+[72.15.208.204] 0 0
    2014-10-03 14:35:37 206.111.111.111OutboundConnectionCommand SMTPSVC1 XXXTEST - 7274572 STARTTLS - - 0 0
    2014-10-03 14:35:37 206.111.111.111OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC1 XXXTEST - 7274572 - - 220+2.0.0+SMTP+server+ready 0 0
    2014-10-03 14:35:37 206.111.111.111OutboundConnectionCommand SMTPSVC1 XXXTEST - 7274572 EHLO - XxxTest.fxxxt.local 0 0
    2014-10-03 14:35:37 206.111.111.111OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC1 XXXTEST - 7274572 - - 250-exx.xxx.data.net+Hello+[72.15.208.204] 0 0
    2014-10-03 14:35:37 206.111.111.111OutboundConnectionCommand SMTPSVC1 XXXTEST - 7274572 AUTH - - 0 0
    2014-10-03 14:35:37 206.111.111.111OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC1 XXXTEST - 7274572 - - 334+UGFzc3dvcmQ6 0 0
    2014-10-03 14:35:37 206.111.111.111OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC1 XXXTEST - 7274572 - - 235+2.7.0+Authentication+successful 0 0
    2014-10-03 14:35:37 206.111.111.111OutboundConnectionCommand SMTPSVC1 XXXTEST - 7274572 MAIL - FROM:<Eric@xxx.com>+SIZE=657 0 0
    2014-10-03 14:35:37 206.111.111.111OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC1 XXXTEST - 7274572 - - 250+2.1.0+Sender+OK 0 0
    2014-10-03 14:35:37 206.111.111.111OutboundConnectionCommand SMTPSVC1 XXXTEST - 7274572 RCPT - TO:<Eric@xxx.com> 0 0
    2014-10-03 14:35:37 206.111.111.111OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC1 XXXTEST - 7274572 - - 250+2.1.5+Recipient+OK 0 0
    2014-10-03 14:35:37 206.111.111.111OutboundConnectionCommand SMTPSVC1 XXXTEST - 7274572 BDAT - 657+LAST 0 0
    2014-10-03 14:35:44 206.111.111.111OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC1 XXXTEST - 7274572 - - 250+2.6.0+<XXXTESTQwY6YHk00000014@XxxTest.fxxxt.local>+[InternalId=13320595]+Queued+mail+for+delivery 0 0
    2014-10-03 14:35:44 206.111.111.111OutboundConnectionCommand SMTPSVC1 XXXTEST - 7274572 QUIT - - 0 0
    2014-10-03 14:35:44 206.111.111.111OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC1 XXXTEST - 7274572 - - 221+2.0.0+Service+closing+transmission+channel 0 0
    

    here you can see it sent to the .com address but never made an attempt to send to .us address

    Friday, October 3, 2014 9:30 AM
  • User-1902694794 posted

    Ok figured it out. I had added an extra remote domain to the server that was conflicting with the relay 

    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Tuesday, September 28, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, October 3, 2014 3:50 PM