Excel 2010 PowerPivot Macro RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Microsoft,

I created many relationships in PowerPivot between different datasheets in one Excel-file.

Now I would like to create a Macro that updates my datasheets and after that I would like to open and close the PowerPivot Window, so PowerPivot puts in the new data from the Excel datasheets and creates connections in the new data.

The first part (updating the datasheets) is going well in the Macro, but the second part (open and close the PowerPivot Window) doesn't work in the Macro.

When I open and close the PowerPivot Window manually everything works fine,but when I do exactly the same steps in a Macro, the Macro doesn't pick up the steps.

I take the next steps for the second part (open and close the PowerPivot Window):

1. Start recording a Macro.
    2. Select a cell in a datasheet (that is already in PowerPivot)
    3. Go to "PowerPivot" in the ribbon
    4. Click on "PowerPivot Window" in the ribbon
    5. The PowerPivot Window opens (and it automatically puts the new data from the datasheets in Excel to PowerPivot and creates the connections in the new data)
    6. Close the PowerPivot Window when the update is done in PowerPivot
    7. Stop recording the Macro.

When I start the recorded Macro, the Macro plays, but nothing happend. If I look in the VBA of the Macro, I can see that the Macro didn't pick up the steps that I did when recorded the Macro (the VBA only shows that I selected the cell in the datasheet).

This step is very important in the Macro, because it puts the new data from the Excel datasheets in PowerPivot and PowerPivot creates the new connections in the new data.

I hope you understand the simple problem and if you understand the problem: is there a (simple) solution to solve this problem? Or an other way to put this in a Macro?

By the way, I use the 2010 version of Excel.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Lars

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 3:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Lars,

Thanks for your question.

According to your description, your problem is more related to EXCEL Macro. To solve your question more efficiently, please post your question in EXCEL IT Pro Discussions: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/home?forum=excel&sort=relevancedesc&brandIgnore=True&searchTerm=macro ,you will get a more professional support from there, thank you for your understanding and support.

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, December 20, 2017 1:42 AM
  • Hi Wilson,

Thank you, I will try that. :)

Kind regards,

Lars

Thursday, December 21, 2017 7:24 AM
  • Hi Lars,

Thanks for your support.

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, December 25, 2017 6:45 AM
  • HI PowerPivotUser123,

Any update ? i am marking answer of Wilson.check and confirm.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/37872.sql-server-installation-on-centos-linux.aspx

Thursday, January 18, 2018 9:40 AM
    Answerer