none
Sending 837 EDI without creating a Party RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I receive an 837 EDI document.

I need to update a field in the document and send it to a processing system as it is with Interchange and other information intact.

Is this possible?

I am trying to use the "Preserve Interchange" property in the EDI Receive Pipeline but when i apply to map (map updates the field in the incoming 837 EDI document) to the Receive Port, it doesnot apply the map at all as the message is different. That is the message wil have the Interchange infor in it when i use "Preserve Interchange" property, but i dont have a schema that has Interchange info(Microsoft supplied 837 schemas doesnot have Interchange info).

Please help me to solve this issue and move ahead.

Thanks in advance.

Monday, March 10, 2008 6:38 PM

All replies

• If you want to keep the message intact except the one field that needs to be modified, you need to use the preserve interchange option.. this is because when you create a new xml (transaction set) and send it through edisend pipeline, some of the control numbers which are dynamically added will be different from the original message.

To avoid this, preserve the interchange, have a .net componet to modify the required data and send it using edi send pipeline...
    Monday, March 10, 2008 9:48 PM