Cannot reserve name RRS feed

• Question

• For the last week, I've been trying to submit an application to the Windows 8 Store. 

But every time I tried to submit, I cannot "reserve" the app name. The error message:

"We can't reserve a name at this time. Please try again later."

My question is then: when will it be possible to submit an app again?

Monday, October 8, 2012 7:27 AM

Answers

• I had the same problem and it turned out the problem was I was using the Chrome browser so I tried it using IE and it worked just fine so maybe that will work for you as well.  If you are using IE and getting that message then it must definitely be an issue with the dashboard itself :\
    Monday, October 8, 2012 2:31 PM

All replies

• I had the same problem and it turned out the problem was I was using the Chrome browser so I tried it using IE and it worked just fine so maybe that will work for you as well.  If you are using IE and getting that message then it must definitely be an issue with the dashboard itself :\
    Monday, October 8, 2012 2:31 PM
  • Seems like that the store dashboard has some caching mechanism, maybe part of the effort to avoid the similar case with cybersquatting.

My experience is to find another machine on which nobody has signed into the store dashboard and try. It works so far for me.

M$ should really have this either improved or gives a clear clarification on its strategy in defending store-app-name-squatting...

fayeyang

Monday, November 5, 2012 1:50 AM