LightSwitch Employment.... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am a professional software developer with years of Microsoft business software experience.  For years now, my belief is for companies to have powerful, economical development tools for their business applications instead of the expensive, labor intensive, usually over cost, over budgeted, over estimated time frame, etc. project expenses.  Having spent a lot of time now with learning Lightswitch and enjoying every minute (still needs more perfecting), I have been constantly looking for employment by a company searching for such a developer but haven't seen any positions advertised.  I did a nice pilot project for a company interested in ASP.Net but tried to demonstarte a LightSwitch project instead.  The LightSwitch project I developed to their specifications (1 Month) was quite nice and many time more advanced that what they had requested (and I hadn't even gotten started with all I wanted to show).  They liked it very much but couldn't convince them that LightSwitch would be around for long.  Also, contrary to the LightSwitch teams opinion, an eye catching "Home SignOn Page" to a project is extremely important (I just had ID and Password!!).  I was embarrased to have such a screen.  Also, the screens have a kind of "washed out look" as the companies are unfortunately use to seeing the flashy "web forms",  Anyway, I would truly enjoy employment developing a LightSwitch project.  Does anybody know of a job site asking for LightSwitch specifically?  Thank you.

Edward Piccoli
    enpiccoli@msn.com 

Edward Piccoli

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 10:25 PM

Answers

• Hi Edward

Thanks for your support to LightSwitch product.

LightSwitch provides a simplified development environment that enables us to concentrate on the business logic instead of the application infrastructure. It really helps us build business applications quickly. You could learn relevant information about LightSwitch jobs in google.

Hope it helps you,

With kind regards

Angie xu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, February 26, 2013 5:27 AM
    Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:46 AM