none
Bugs in GetTileUri & TileDownloadCompleted RRS feed

• Question

• I am writing a Metro app and I have found two bugs in the Bing Maps API. I add two MapTileLayer instances to my Map, each with a GetTileUri and a TileDownloadCompleted event.

The GetTileUri callback I set for the first layer is called for both layers. The function for the second layer is never called; the first layer's callback gets called instead. I end up with two layers containing identical tiles. However, it works properly if I put my two tile layers in separate Maps. It appears that you can only have a single layer per map which implements GetTileUri.

The TileDownloadCompleted event is called before my layer finishes downloading. It appears that it gets called when the underlying base map layer with roads/aerial tiles finishes loading. My debug logging shows that GetTileUri is called several times after TileDownloadCompleted is called.

I am able to work around this by using the Map's TileDownloadCompleted event, which is called when both the base map layer and my custom layer finish. However, this does not give me the per-layer information I was hoping for.

Friday, September 7, 2012 1:11 AM

Answers

• Thanks for the bug reports, we'll investigate and try to get them fixed as soon as possible.
    • Proposed as answer by Kristoffer Henriksson Friday, September 7, 2012 4:20 PM
    • Marked as answer by foobaz1 Friday, September 7, 2012 9:26 PM
    Friday, September 7, 2012 2:29 AM