VS 2012 Express to VS 2012 Pro RRS feed

• Question

• I am moving my project from VS 2014 Express to 2012 Pro, because "Click Once" does not work for me. I am using Inno Setup as an installer. When I publish and Install with a Click Once application some of my files (like the .exe) are put into Windows folders and some are installed at the path the user tells the installer to install the files. Is the .exe file put in the path the user directs the installer to with VS Pro? This is causing havoc with opening my Help pdf's and double clicking on a file to startup the program and load the file clicked on.

Dan Cederlund

Monday, July 7, 2014 8:17 PM

Answers

• Hello Dan Cederlund,

ClickOnce behavior will not change even with VS2012 Pro. It will store its files to a specific Windows Folder:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0

And users will not able to change this.

At clickonce when you want to access a data file,  you have to call System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationDeployment.CurrentDeployment.DataDirectory  to get the file you stored in your setup.

In my mind, it this does not make sense for you, you may have to change to some other deployment technology.

Regards,

Barry
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Barry Wang Wednesday, July 16, 2014 7:48 AM
    Tuesday, July 8, 2014 3:31 AM