none
WCF-Custom : add custom Endpoint Behavior RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I want to develop a custom Endpoint Behavior that I would use on my Send-Receive port.

The problem is that I cannot add this endpoint behavior on the administration console of BizTalk Server 2010 because it is not visible.

So I created the class below that implements IEndpointBehavior

public class CustomBehavior : IEndpointBehavior

I created as well thecall that implements the BehaviorExtensionElement

public class CustomBehaviorExtension : BehaviorExtensionElement

and finally I created the class that implements the IClientMessageInspector

public class EncoderClientInspector : IClientMessageInspector

So the question is : With BizTalk Server 2010 x64 and Visual Studio 2010, in what target framework version should I compile this to make it visible in the target Framework? Should I GAC the assembly generated? if yes which GAC (Framework 2.0 or 4.0?)

What is the modifications I should do in the machine.config, and to which class should I point ?in the behavior extensions?

Regards,

Stefan

BizTalk Consultant in France

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 4:08 PM

Answers

• You can compile with any framework you like, but make sure that when you configuring you take care.I would go with framework 4 and the target processor should be the one that you want to utilize this on. 

Look at this Extending WCF with custom behaviors, I used the same as a reference for doing one for my project.

Cheers,

Bali

--------------------------------------
    Mark As Answer or Vote As Helpful if this helps.
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 9:32 AM

All replies

• For this to be visible you will have to enter an entry to the <extensions> section of the machine.config. eg 
    <system.serviceModel>
    <extensions>
    <behaviorExtensions>
    <add name="BizTalkAuth" type="Microsoft.Samples.BizTalk.Adapters.WCFAuthorization.BizTalkWCFAuthElement, WCFAuthorization, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=85b32fccee4970f5"/>
    </behaviorExtensions>
    <extensions>
    <system.serviceModel

Foe more info look at these articles part 1 and part 2

Cheers,

Bali

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 6:38 PM
  • Your post that I already red does not answer my questions, it is first based on BizTalk Server 2006 R2, but for BizTalk Server 2010 (wihch framework to compile with (3.5, 4.0 other)? which target processor x86 or x64?) what specificities about BizTalk 2010?

Regards,

BizTalk Consultant in France
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 7:54 AM
  • You can compile with any framework you like, but make sure that when you configuring you take care.I would go with framework 4 and the target processor should be the one that you want to utilize this on. 

Look at this Extending WCF with custom behaviors, I used the same as a reference for doing one for my project.

Cheers,

Bali

Thursday, August 25, 2011 9:32 AM