Store Certification Fail, Installed WACK Succeeds. RRS feed

• Question

• The .appxupload file I send to the store fails the Supported API test. The installed WACK passed when launched after creating these packages:

I did run in to some trouble with my initial attempts to run the test leading me to force uninstall visual studio and the WACK and then reinstall and update to the latest versions. The local tests then ran successfully and passed. Another issue I had to solve was the setting for "Compile with .NET Native tool chain." which was required for the app to pass. I am following the Guidelines from https://msdn.microsoft.com/windows/uwp/packaging/packaging-uwp-apps

I have spent 5 days debugging the certification and publishing process and thought I was done when the tests passed. I am not sure how to proceed, any tips are very welcome.

My visual studio version is 14.0.25432.01 Update 3

WACK version: 10.0.14393.33

.net framework is 4.6.01586

The store test:

API test
    FAILED
    Supported APIs
    • Error Found: The supported APIs test detected the following errors:
      • API cameraDeviceDeinitCamera in __internal.dll is not supported for this application type. Vuforia.UnityExtensions.dll calls this API.
      • API cameraDeviceGetCameraDirection in __internal.dll is not supported for this application type. Vuforia.UnityExtensions.dll calls this API.
      • API cameraDeviceGetCameraField in __internal.dll is not supported for this application type. Vuforia.UnityExtensions.dll calls this API.
      • API cameraDeviceGetCameraFieldOfViewRads in __internal.dll is not supported for this application type. Vuforia.UnityExtensions.dll calls this API.
      • API cameraDeviceGetFieldBool in __internal.dll is not supported for this application type. Vuforia.UnityExtensions.dll calls this API.

• API SetDisplayAutoRotationPreferences in user32.dll is not supported for this application type. Assembly-CSharp.dll calls this API.
    • API initQCARiOS in __internal.dll is not supported for this application type. Assembly-CSharp.dll calls this API.
    • API setPlatFormNative in __internal.dll is not supported for this application type. Assembly-CSharp.dll calls this API.
    • API setSurfaceOrientationiOS in __internal.dll is not supported for this application type. Assembly-CSharp.dll calls this API.

the Local test

App Architecture:
    x64
    Kit Version:
    OS Version:
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (10.0.14393.0)
    OS Architecture:
    x64
    Report time:
    2016-12-22 09:38:53

Overall result: PASSED

Thursday, December 22, 2016 1:43 PM

Answers

• I finaly managed to publish!

There was a bug with how the thirdparty  __internal.DLL / Vuforia.UnityExtensions.dll interacted with the WACK and I was provided a workaround by them.

https://developer.vuforia.com/forum/issues-and-bugs/publishing-windows-store-unity-vuforia-app-not-supported

Thursday, January 5, 2017 8:30 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Based on the error info, you need to identify if the API your app uses is an API for Windows Store apps. I note that you're following the correct packaging guideline but before creating packages, you need to test your app in release build which can enable the .NET native toolchain by default.

The debug build can fail the Supported API test even if your app uses proper APIs, see the known issue below:

In addition to the installed WACK, you may also launch the WACK from your Visual Studio after completing your package.

If the issue persists, you might send an email to the Windows Store team (reportapp@microsoft.com) to consult if your package contains the dependency not supported.

Please feel free to update your progress here.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Mattew Wu Friday, December 23, 2016 5:13 AM
    Friday, December 23, 2016 5:10 AM
  • I finaly managed to publish!

There was a bug with how the thirdparty  __internal.DLL / Vuforia.UnityExtensions.dll interacted with the WACK and I was provided a workaround by them.

https://developer.vuforia.com/forum/issues-and-bugs/publishing-windows-store-unity-vuforia-app-not-supported

Thursday, January 5, 2017 8:30 AM
  • Still I am getting the Same vuforia API error While  Publishing to store . I am Newbie to Windows Store Apps Could you please Tell me how to pass the WACK while submission. 
    Monday, February 6, 2017 1:51 PM
  • I have the same problem, did you find a solution?

I tried to copy and rename the Vuforia.UnityExtensions.dll to __internal.DLL and put it into the unprocessed folder as content, but it didn't work.

Is that what we were supposed to do?

• Edited by rpolar Wednesday, February 22, 2017 4:12 PM
    Wednesday, February 22, 2017 4:11 PM