How to debug resuming and suspending mode

Question

• hi all

after I add an eventListener on the activate, suspended, resuming

like this

Windows.UI.WebUI.WebUIApplication.addEventListener("activated", activatedHandler, false);
    Windows.UI.WebUI.WebUIApplication.addEventListener("suspending", suspendingHandler, false);
    Windows.UI.WebUI.WebUIApplication.addEventListener("resuming", resumingHandler, false);

and create 3 method to handle them I 'm trying to create the scenario of getting to resuming handler. like to send app to the background and when it's resuming to get to the method.. but nothing actually happening..

I have to upadate my article when it's resuming.. any suggestions?

Thanks Eran

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 10:22 AM

Answers

• You can simulate these in the VS Express debugger:

Starting with the || icon these are suspend, resume, suspend and shutdown.

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 1:58 PM

All replies

• You can simulate these in the VS Express debugger:

Starting with the || icon these are suspend, resume, suspend and shutdown.

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 1:58 PM
  • Thanks, thats true.

But my problem is after I reach the method I expected on the debugger and it really did what it's needed. When I deploy the app for local use for example, 
    it's not looks like is doing the job. When the app is not on focus(suspended i think) and then back to focus the resuming handler not really works, and not handle.

Do you know if there is any bug in the OS?

Thanks, Eran

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 10:03 PM
  • Hi Eran,

The app does not alway suspend when it does not have focus.  Open task manager and see what the state of your app is.

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Friday, March 30, 2012 1:43 PM
  • Hi jeff thanks for your replies,

There is an option to had a listener when the application is just come back from the background?

I'm going to buils a kind of news app, and if I leave it for the night open on the behind and in the morning back to the app I would like it to update, what can I do?

Thanks Eran

Sunday, April 1, 2012 7:15 AM