Creating a bluetooth Keyboard/mouse app for pc/ps3 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I want to create my own program to turn mu wm phone into a bluetooth keyboard and mouse. I will be getting a touch pro 2 soon so will use its keyboard for the keyboard and the screen for special buttons and mouse.

Is there any help I can get on this? I think I have to make my phone pretend to be a bluetooth hid device but is there any info on this? also how should I make a custom interface will I have to use something like directx? I would love some help and if I make something good can I sell it on windows market place? is there anything wrong with controlling ps3? if there is issues with selling can i just give it away or would the same licence issues prevent that as well?

Many thanks
    Monday, February 15, 2010 1:05 PM

Answers

• Hi badasschris,

For your first question, SDK provide sample code to scan and connect to other bluetooth device, including PC. Sample:
    C:\Program Files\Windows Mobile 6 SDK\Samples\PocketPC\CPP\win32\Bluetooth

For your other question, I suggest you post every question seperately, which you can get better reply.

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 6:16 AM

All replies

• I suppose I was asking a far too general question. Can anyone answer any of the below.

Is there any sample code connecting windows mobile to a pc via bluetooth?

can anyone provide detailed information about bluetooth HID?

Is there information about what the ps3 uses - I know you can connect your ps3 controller to pc through bluetooth, is there any code showing this? will it help in doing the reverse?

Is there any related code where you can use code to pretend to be something else?

Anything to get me started will be excellent, I can't dig up anything so far.

If I can't get anywhere with this what would be a good way to start an open source project?
    Monday, February 15, 2010 9:11 PM
  • Hi badasschris,

For your first question, SDK provide sample code to scan and connect to other bluetooth device, including PC. Sample:
    C:\Program Files\Windows Mobile 6 SDK\Samples\PocketPC\CPP\win32\Bluetooth

For your other question, I suggest you post every question seperately, which you can get better reply.

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 6:16 AM