Having just 1 little problem with expression web 4...... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

so its like this,  i have 2 html pages.

both with an interactive button.

its simple page 1 with a button opens page 2
    and page 2 with a button opens page 1.

the problem is on page 2 when i click the interactive button, it opens another IE with page 1.

Page 1 opens page 2 on the same IE normaly like any other websites.
    Both pages are the same, the buttons are copy/paste ( the same)

I look everywhere for an option where I might have click by accident.

I know its something stupid, I just cant find the answer, this is my 3rd website and I never had this problem.

Thx for any help :)

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 8:36 PM

Answers

• It is not possible to check rendering problems without seeing the page.
    But as a guess - look for <base target="something"> in code view and delete it.
    Or it may be a target attribute in the link on Page 2.
    Or it may be something else...

Ron Symonds
    Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 8:53 PM

All replies

• "Both pages are the same, the buttons are copy/paste ( the same)"

No, they are not.  If they were the same they would both open page 2.

Please publish the page and post a link to it.

Ron Symonds

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 8:45 PM
  • ok my bad, both buttons are the same except the link.

Sorry i cant, Boss is only gonna publish it onces its done :(

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 8:48 PM
  • It is not possible to check rendering problems without seeing the page.
    But as a guess - look for <base target="something"> in code view and delete it.
    Or it may be a target attribute in the link on Page 2.

Ron Symonds

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 8:53 PM
  • Read the "READ THIS ** BEFORE ** YOU POST" thread (See any particular significance to that topic title? Yeah, it does mean you, too). Read in particular Item #1 of the Guidelines. There is a REASON we ask for a link. It's not simply gratuitous, and we cannot help you without seeing your code.

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 8:56 PM
  • HAHA your a god thx alot :))))

I was messing around before with the Target frames and forgot to chance it back :)

it works now thx :)

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 9:00 PM
  • Ya I know thx Paladyn,I did read it, but I CANNOT LINK IT, like I mention above, but some people like Ronx find a way to help out anyway, unlike you making useless comments that do not help at all.
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 9:22 PM
  • Yeah, right. And what was the first thing that Ron told you to do? Can't remember? Let me remind you:

Please publish the page and post a link to it.

And then is his next post he began with

It is not possible to check rendering problems without seeing the page.

He then took a couple of guesses at what the problem might be, ending with

Those two guesses could have as easily been wrong as right. There are many things which could cause what you were describing, and he just happened to hit the one that applied in this case. I'll bet that if one of those hadn't happened to hit, his next post would have asked, once again, for the third time , for you to post a link.

Here's the thing. Do you suppose that we made that the very first thing in the Guidelines for no reason? That it was just a caprice, serving no purpose? We have had experience here of spending literally days trying to convince newbies to post a link to the problem page, occasionally taking guesses as we went along, and when finally the OP posted the link, someone took a look at the page and had the exact, correct answer as to the cause, and instructions on how to fix it, when minutes of gaining acces.

Some here are still willing to play twenty questions with people, trying in vain to reach a resolution with too little information. I and a number of others who have been contributing here for three years now are no longer willing to play that game. You want answers? Give us what we need. Or wait for someone willing to waste time on your problem to come along.

As for your "cannot publish," hogwash. As stated in the Guidelines, which you purportedly read, you don't have to publish to your eventual production location. Create a temporary folder, provide the link, and delete the folder when the problem is resolved. There will no links back to your production site, and zero effect on the eventual production pages.

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 3:50 AM