none
edisend pipeline triggers error RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I am trying to send an EDIFACT INVOICD96A via the edisend pipeline, which works fine as long as I do not configure the sendport to use a specific party configuration. The xml EDI msgs received by the pipeline validates, but when assigning the party to the sendport I get a strange error:

Error: 1 (Segment level error)
     SegmentID: PRI
     Position in TS: 19
     37: Invalid character(s) found in data element

Error: 2 (Field level error)
     SegmentID: PRI
     Position in TS: 19
     Data Element ID: C50905
     Position in Segment: 2
     Position in Field: 5
     Data Value: PCE
     37: Invalid character(s) found in data element

I don't see why this relates to party configuration. Disabling EDI data validation in the pipeline won't help.

When I look in the PRI segment that is generated when no party is linked to the sendport it looks like:PRI+AAA:7.833:::PCE whereas in the EDI documentation (http://www.stylusstudio.com/edifact/D96A/PRI_.htm) there should be an extra field (:): PRI+AAA:::::PCE. This might explain why it is complaining about PCE.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Aghori

Friday, June 4, 2010 9:57 AM

All replies

• Have you tried doing a pass through and comparing the data. I have seen similar errors and sometimes biztalk is a bit picky when it does not get all the data that is supposed to even if you disable the compliance check. What I do in that case is do a xml passthrough and grab the file and pass it through the map to see if I get the output that I am expecting. Most of the time you will be able to figure out the problem that way becuase you can see the data. Otherwise doing it through the app will take longer.
    Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    Friday, June 4, 2010 1:57 PM
  • Aghori

The element C50905(Unit price basis) inside PRI expects a numeric value. But the element C50906(Measure unit qualifier) can take strings like PCE. Just check your mapping that right value is mapping. If in case your map is right then the mapping doc is incorrect.

Nikhil

Friday, June 4, 2010 2:04 PM
  • You need to verify UNA Segment Definition [RWI as Interchange receiver]. sometime becasue of UNA5 [Repetition Separator] these errors are received.

Regards,

Vishnu
    Thursday, June 10, 2010 3:57 PM