none
How to handle large number of xml documents flow in Orchestration(Biztalk Server 2006) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,
    I need help in performance of Biztalk Server 2006. I have developed a solution where i am sending data from SQL to SAP and get response as a 10 digit number which i store back to SQL table..
    The Solution is working fine...but i am concerned when more number of xml files flow ..how Biztalk will respond will i need to think about increasing queue size..as xml documents could be more than 400 in numbers which will flow through orchestration..
    What measures i should take to optimise the soultion in extreme conditions..

And also i like to ask  would it be possible if i go for singleton orchestartion then i don't need to worry about number of documents which will come to Orchestration ..or it will be there in Biztalk Queue..

And if i use singleton orcheatration then this would also be benificial if suppose one of Send port say for ex SAP port fails then only ..one xml doucment will be suspended because i am using singleton orchestration..

Pls Advice

Thanks
    Sandeep 
    Saturday, March 7, 2009 5:05 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I think in this scenario you should only use a singleton orchestration if:

1) You need to keep the messages in order.
    2) You need to limit the load on a target system.

Using a singleton orchestration will have a big impact on the throughout of the system.

BizTalk is designed to handle large bursts of messages (floodgate events) effectivly. You should try testing the solution with the current design and evaluate if the performance is adequate.

Regards,

Alan
    BloggersGuides.net
    Sunday, March 8, 2009 9:05 AM