Is it possible to combine Freetextbox with Club's database images? RRS feed

• Question

• User755993434 posted

Hey

I've changed the Description textbox in the News_Edit page with a Freetextbox control. It has the capability to insert images into the news item rather than just into albums. My question is wether it is possible to combine this function with Club's imagefetch as I already have all my images in the database and lots of albums set up.

Cheers

Dennis

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 8:09 PM

All replies

• User-1853252149 posted

How does "probably" sound?  Have you tried?  If so, where did you experience a problem?

Jeff

Saturday, July 15, 2006 2:52 PM
  • User755993434 posted

Well, the ImageGallery that opens from within FreeTextbox shows the contents of the ~/images folder. I want it to look in the database instead. Is that possible? I thought maybe the preview window for choosing images could be filled from the database instead of from the folders.

Dennis

Saturday, July 15, 2006 4:21 PM
  • User654902800 posted
    Look at how FTB does that - it gets a list of the files in that folder (how does it do that - a server-side aspx page, or what?), builds those filenames into urls, and then lists those in the gallery. See how it does that, and then replace that with some code that lists the images in the db instead. 
    Saturday, July 15, 2006 7:37 PM
  • User755993434 posted

ftb.imagegallery.aspx includes a Page_Load function, but I thought that talked to the FreeTextBox.dll as the second statement (string currentFolder = ImageGallery1.CurrentImagesFolder;) doesn't makes sense otherwise as there is no CurrentImagesFolder variable in the FTB: ImageGallery defintion on the page.

From what I gather I can set the ImageGallery1.CurrentImages = customImages to a byte array of the images I want shown, and they will appear in the image gallery. Did I get that?

--  Dennis  --

Saturday, July 15, 2006 10:12 PM