Weird "Parser Error" RRS feed

• Question

• User-853298616 posted

I'm having this weird Parser Error that I can't seem to find the cause for, and I thought I should post it here.

An error such as this one should be easy enough to solve, but either I'm missing something really obvious or some weird thing is happening.

Server Error in '/integrationUTL' Application.
    Parser Error
    Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The file '/integrationUTL/DynamicData/FieldTemplates/DbImage_Edit.ascx.cs' does not exist.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ Control Language="C#" CodeFile="DbImage_Edit.ascx.cs" Inherits="integrationUTLweb.DbImage_Edit" %>
    Line 2:  <asp:PlaceHolder ID="PlaceHolderImage" runat="server" Visible="false">
    Line 3:      <asp:Image ID="ImageEdit" runat="server" /><br />

Source File: /integrationUTL/DynamicData/FieldTemplates/DbImage_Edit.ascx    Line: 1

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3031; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3031 

I'm basically attempting to use the DynamicDataFutures' DbImage FieldTemplate in my project. I copied it to the DynamicData/FieldTemplates folder (next to all the others), and now I get this nice error that I can't seem to find a solution for.

Is anyone aware of any quirk like this and how to solve it?

Many thanks!!

Monday, November 17, 2008 8:26 PM

Answers

• User1641955678 posted

Did you copy the .cs file along with the ascx file?  Also, are you using a Web Site or a Web Application?  If Web Application, try changing CodeFile to CodeBehind (e.g. CodeBehind="DbImage_Edit.ascx.cs").

thanks,
    David

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, November 17, 2008 9:41 PM
  • User-330204900 posted

It's worth noting that the Futures project sample is a Web Application Project and if your running a file based Website then you will need to make some changes to the files before they will work:

Remove the name space: 

<STRIKE>namespace DynamicDataFuturesSample
    {</STRIKE>
        public partial class DbImage_Edit : FieldTemplateUserControl
        {
    And don't forget the closing tag
    <%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="DbImage_Edit.ascx.cs"
        Inherits="<STRIKE>DynamicDataFuturesSample.</STRIKE>DbImage_Edit" %>

Also make sure that CodeFile is not CodeBehind if so change to CodeFile.

Hope this helps [:D]

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 3:45 AM

All replies

• User1641955678 posted

Did you copy the .cs file along with the ascx file?  Also, are you using a Web Site or a Web Application?  If Web Application, try changing CodeFile to CodeBehind (e.g. CodeBehind="DbImage_Edit.ascx.cs").

thanks,
    David

Monday, November 17, 2008 9:41 PM
  • User-330204900 posted

It's worth noting that the Futures project sample is a Web Application Project and if your running a file based Website then you will need to make some changes to the files before they will work:

Remove the name space: 

<STRIKE>namespace DynamicDataFuturesSample
    {</STRIKE>
        public partial class DbImage_Edit : FieldTemplateUserControl
        {
    And don't forget the closing tag
    <%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="DbImage_Edit.ascx.cs"
        Inherits="<STRIKE>DynamicDataFuturesSample.</STRIKE>DbImage_Edit" %>

Also make sure that CodeFile is not CodeBehind if so change to CodeFile.

Hope this helps [:D]

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 3:45 AM
  • User-853298616 posted
    Oh God, it was the CodeFile -> CodeBehind thingy :S Thanks for the help, problem solved!
    Tuesday, November 18, 2008 10:28 AM