none
Windows Form App Toolbox Items Not Usable

Question

• I am trying to create a Windows Form Application in C# and I'm trying to add an item from the toolbox, but all of the items are greyed out and I'm not allowed to drag them into the project. I have tried googling the issue and nothing seems to work. I've tried resetting the toolbox and resetting all my VS settings. I can't even put a single button on my page. Is there any way to add one using code, or does it have to be pulled from the toolbox? After looking online, I can't find any information on how to add these items using code. Any help would be appreciated.
    Saturday, November 21, 2015 6:38 PM

Answers

• Hi gischethans,

Thanks for your post.

According your description.

First make sure your Design page is in active. If you are in other page. The toolbox is greyed out.

Then  untick the “Show All” option. Then try it again.

On the other hand.Which Visual Studio are you using and on which .Net framework are you working?

Since you have reset the toolbox and reset all the setting about VS. I suggest you could try to switch .Net framework to  then check it again.

If still has no help.  I suggest you could try to repair your VS and check if there is some error during repairing.

Then try to drag the control into the designer again. May be the issue will be solved.

>>Is there any way to add one using code, or does it have to be pulled from the toolbox?

As far as I know,there is no any way to add the control using code and you have to drag the control from toolbox.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Thursday, December 10, 2015 10:01 AM