none
Some guidance on Content Control and XML RRS feed

• Question

• I've been looking around for ideas and guides to Content Controls and while there are several out there many of them assume you know somethings that I do not know, or aren't specific to my dilemma.

So I've decided to ask around to try find some guidance.

What I'm trying to accomplish is somewhat simple but I'm not sure how to do it well enough. I have some information in a database I'm gonna pull out into structured XML. Now this XML I wanna apply to one of several different templates that have Content Control placeholders (CCP hereafter) so the right information goes into the right place and spews out a newly created document.

The problem here is I'm not the one creating the templates so I was wondering if there is some way for me to create a XML schema that the template creators can use to help them add the Content Controls?

Also can I tie the Template CCP to the XML xpath before I add the CustomXml or am I forced to do it at document creation time? Related thing I created here was having the Tag of the CCP as the path to the customXML and tie it together that way, is there any other way to do that?

I've seen the possibility in Word to add XML schema in the developer tag, what's that for?

Regarding the I4I ruling will this type of thing still be valid in future Word programs? I've heard Content Control is in but CustomXml is out. Where does one begin and the other end?

I was looking into the Word Content Control Toolkit but have not been sucessful downloading it from their Codeplex site for some reason. Is this something that might help me?

Any help or link to guides that could help me would be great.
    Thursday, August 5, 2010 2:28 PM

Answers