none
Segoe UI Symbols and Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem RRS feed

• Question

• So I just discovered the "Segoe UI Symbols". And it would be really cool to use some of them in the ToolStripMenuItems as the icons, except the icon entry (in all overloads) is solely the "image" type. Am I behind the times? And I'm not talking about XAML. Or am I going to have to print my symbol to an image to use it for the sub menu entries. Using Symbols in the top menu is super cool and easy. Thanks!
    Saturday, January 31, 2015 4:47 AM

Answers

• >>Or am I going to have to print my symbol to an image to use it for the sub menu entries.

Yes. I am afraid you cannot set a string or something else than an Image as the value of the Image property of a ToolStripMenuItem.

You can change the font family of text though:

toolstripmenuitemToolStripMenuItem.Font = new Font(new FontFamily("Segoe UI"), 14);

But the Image property must be set to an System.Drawing.Image object and nothing else.

Please remember to close your threads by marking helpful posts as answer.

• Marked as answer by AdvantageZero Sunday, February 1, 2015 12:30 AM
    Saturday, January 31, 2015 11:49 AM

All replies

• >>Or am I going to have to print my symbol to an image to use it for the sub menu entries.

Yes. I am afraid you cannot set a string or something else than an Image as the value of the Image property of a ToolStripMenuItem.

You can change the font family of text though:

toolstripmenuitemToolStripMenuItem.Font = new Font(new FontFamily("Segoe UI"), 14);

But the Image property must be set to an System.Drawing.Image object and nothing else.

Please remember to close your threads by marking helpful posts as answer.

• Marked as answer by AdvantageZero Sunday, February 1, 2015 12:30 AM
    Saturday, January 31, 2015 11:49 AM
  • Yes, I set the Font property on the TopMenu to discover the Segoe goodness in the first place. Oh well.
    Sunday, February 1, 2015 12:30 AM