Blank or only 'Strict Standards' errors? RRS feed

• Question

• User-621234593 posted

Was wondering whether this is a common issue with a simple answer. I tried this on my PHP 5.2.1/VBulletin server and it kept giving me either a blank page or  errors like this:

Strict Standards: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\website\forums.facepunchstudios.com\showthread. php on line 621

Strict Standards: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\website\forums.facepunchstudios.com\showthread. php on line 1057

Strict Standards: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\website\forums.facepunchstudios.com\showthread. php on line 1062

Strict Standards: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\website\forums.facepunchstudios.com\showthread. php on line 1526

Strict Standards: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\website\forums.facepunchstudios.com\showthread. php on line 1531

It was actually processing the whole page. It was finding the php.ini (because it was running mysql properly). But for some reason the output was blank or just these Strict Standard errors.

The one way I could get it to stop doing this was by enabling an EAcclerator module. This seemed to work fine but there were still a few pages that showed the previously mentioned behaviour - in fact, one of them was just a simple phpinfo page, which showed only a Strict Standards error about timestamps.

I'm running under ISAPI right now and altough the performance is more than acceptable with EAccelerator enabled, it does tend to produce a lot of violation errors, so I feel like I have to check up on it constantly. I'd much prefer the redundancy of FastCGI.

Thanks for any help/advice.

Saturday, April 7, 2007 6:40 PM

All replies