none
SSDT 2017 missing IS template RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I was having VS 2017 + SSDT 2017 installed on local computer. And yesterday, after having some win 8.1 update, VS is missing IS templates. I uninstalled VS and SSDT and installed it all. And after first running VS i was having IS templates. But second time i cant open IS project and i dont have IS templates.

Is there any ideas?

tnx

Tuesday, August 7, 2018 11:11 AM

Answers

• Hi StanislavKomelenac,

So, are all BI templates missing (SSRS,SSAS,SSIS) or just SSIS template missing in Visual Studio 2017? 

Make sure you have installed the SSDT with proper version. Download and install SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) for Visual Studio

Then clicking Tools->Extensions and updates->All, check if you have installed and enabled SSIS project.

Check if this issue persist.

Regards,

Pirlo Zhang 

MSDN Community Support<br/> Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact <a href="mailto:MSDNFSF@microsoft.com">MSDNFSF@microsoft.com</a>.

I dont have SSRS and SSAS. Version was ok. Only thing that i find problematic was that i installed new .NET version. after that i deinstalled all new .net versions, but nothing helped.

Only thing that helped was uninstalled VS and MS Studio. Few times.

Thursday, September 6, 2018 6:43 AM

All replies

• Hi StanislavKomelenac,

So, are all BI templates missing (SSRS,SSAS,SSIS) or just SSIS template missing in Visual Studio 2017? 

Make sure you have installed the SSDT with proper version. Download and install SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) for Visual Studio

Then clicking Tools->Extensions and updates->All, check if you have installed and enabled SSIS project.

Regards,

Pirlo Zhang 

MSDN Community Support<br/> Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact <a href="mailto:MSDNFSF@microsoft.com">MSDNFSF@microsoft.com</a>.

Wednesday, August 8, 2018 5:48 AM
  • Hi StanislavKomelenac,

Regards,

Pirlo Zhang 

I dont have SSRS and SSAS. Version was ok. Only thing that i find problematic was that i installed new .NET version. after that i deinstalled all new .net versions, but nothing helped.

Only thing that helped was uninstalled VS and MS Studio. Few times.

Thursday, September 6, 2018 6:43 AM
  • This helped me... I found Integration Services (Extension) disabled at VS2017 15.9.12... I enabled it and worked perfect... huh
    Friday, May 17, 2019 7:02 PM
  • I tried this but it keeps giving me the following message 

I do not know how to re-install the following tool because when I check the Visual Studio Installer it shows this specific tool as installed it will not re-install

I have tried to repair the installation but it is not working at all.

I am not sure what else to try, I guess my only option is to uninstall completely again and reinstall.

I have exhausted all options but absolutely need the business intelligence tools to work

Will a Visual Studio 2017 license work on Visual Studio 2019?

That seems to be my only option

Friday, July 19, 2019 3:59 AM
  • Hi VinMack

VS2017 and its SSDT is a big mess.

That's why VS2019 has no SSDT anymore.

It became SSIS Projects for VS 2019.

Check it out here: SSDT was replaced by the SSIS Projects for VS 2019

Visual Studio 2019 needs its own license.

Friday, July 19, 2019 4:57 AM
  • Best solution ever! Thank you!
    Tuesday, September 10, 2019 12:19 PM
  • Hi HugoMzrv,

Glad to hear that the proposed solution is working for you.

Please don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" the response(s) that resolved your issue. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 1:51 PM