none
Shipping Delay? RRS feed

• Question

• I placed my order with Amazon the day the Kinect Sensor for Windows was announced and was told that it would ship Feb. 1.  I got an email from Amazon on Feb. 2 telling me that the new shipping estimate moved from 2 to 4 weeks.  What's up?
    Lee Vandiver
    Thursday, February 2, 2012 3:30 PM

All replies

• Not sure. Sorry to hear of the issue. We're working hard to meet the demand for Kinect for Windows sensors.

Thanks, Rob Relyea | @rrelyea

Kinect for Windows Team

• Proposed as answer by Marco Shaw Friday, February 3, 2012 2:32 AM
    Thursday, February 2, 2012 9:27 PM
  • Amazon is pretty good at shipping so I assume there is either a huge demand or there were some last minute manufacturing changes?  In any case any information would be helpful so we can plan our Kinect for Windows development activities.  Thanks.

Lee Vandiver
    Friday, February 3, 2012 2:52 AM
  • Unless you need the new near mode, the Xbox sensor does everything you need for development.
    Friday, February 3, 2012 7:09 PM
  • I think near mode will be an important difference since full body gaming is a little different than Window apps.  It is a little strange to be forced to get out of my chair and wave around in order to get the Kinect Xbox sensor see my WHOLE body (skeleton) before recognizing me.  I'm not sure DESKTOP users want to stand up in order to use this new technology. 

Lee Vandiver
    Friday, February 3, 2012 11:36 PM
  • Just got an email from Amazon a few seconds ago advising me that it hasn't shipped yet and that my new delivery date was February 13th. I ordered on the first day of pre-orders.
    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 9:46 PM