none
With Parties AS2/EDI changes; When do you need to restart hosts instances, if ever? RRS feed

• Question

• If one learns from errors, then I must be learning a lot. 

I was getting this error earlier today, then when I restarted Host Instances, it went away. 

A message sent to adapter "HTTP" on send port "sp_AS2_Generic_Http_Send_To_LinuxDev_2Way_Partner1" with URI "http://as2.abc.com:12345/" is suspended. 
     Error details: The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly. 

So when does one need to restart host instances after making changes to parties? 
    Always, certain cases, never?  Are things cached? 

Thanks,

Neal Walters 

Friday, June 16, 2017 8:43 PM

Answers

• Hi Neal

EDI party changes do require a Host Instance restart for the changes to take affect immediately.

Thanks Arindam

• Marked as answer by Neal Walters Monday, June 19, 2017 2:02 PM
    Saturday, June 17, 2017 2:10 AM

All replies

• Hi Neal

EDI party changes do require a Host Instance restart for the changes to take affect immediately.

Thanks Arindam

• Marked as answer by Neal Walters Monday, June 19, 2017 2:02 PM
    Saturday, June 17, 2017 2:10 AM
  • Changes will eventually become live automatically, but I really don't know how long that is.

If you are developing/testing, a restart of the BizTalk Host Instances and IIS is necessary to keep the process moving.

Yes, TMP data is cashed, probably by EF.  I don't think the refresh interval is documented anywhere.

Saturday, June 17, 2017 11:58 AM