none
Why can't i see/access my image from blob? RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

Can you make sure your Blob link is correct? I tried it at my side and find it works fine, if you upload image files via Azure Storage Explorer and make sure the blob container is public, copy the blob's AbsoluteUri from Storage Exploerer and paste it in Borwser Address bar to see the same error (Blob Not Found).

Would you like try to create a new public blob container to see if works.

Another thing is how do you change the existing private blob container to public? I find the Azure Storage Explorer can not set its Acessibility from Private to Public Container (Public to Private is OK), here is a link about how to do it via code:

CloudBlobContainer container = blobClient.GetContainerReference("mysascontainer");
    container.CreateIfNotExist();

BlobContainerPermissions containerPermissions = new BlobContainerPermissions();

containerPermissions.PublicAccess = BlobContainerPublicAccessType.Container;

container.SetPermissions(containerPermissions);

Hope this helps.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not. If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com Microsoft One Code Framework

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 1:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As default, when creates a container, is private, so you can't access without a Shared Access Signature via REST. You can generate the signature or change the policy access of your container (to public) with Blob Storage Explorer.

Javier.

Monday, July 9, 2012 6:46 AM
  • Hi Gomarilies.

I did it. But i can't access..

Monday, July 9, 2012 7:17 AM
  • Hi,

After setting the access to public

i checked to access my image with this.

http://mystorageaccount.blob.core.windows.net/iu-container/107-org/00402208.jpg

but i get this error only.

<Error>
    <Code>BlobNotFound</Code>
    <Message>
    The specified blob does not exist. RequestId:b6963d71-4ed0-48ef-bf92-3a146c0a8058 Time:2012-07-09T07:17:47.2101093Z
    </Message>
    </Error>

Monday, July 9, 2012 7:19 AM
  • Hi,

Can you make sure your Blob link is correct? I tried it at my side and find it works fine, if you upload image files via Azure Storage Explorer and make sure the blob container is public, copy the blob's AbsoluteUri from Storage Exploerer and paste it in Borwser Address bar to see the same error (Blob Not Found).

Would you like try to create a new public blob container to see if works.

Another thing is how do you change the existing private blob container to public? I find the Azure Storage Explorer can not set its Acessibility from Private to Public Container (Public to Private is OK), here is a link about how to do it via code:

CloudBlobContainer container = blobClient.GetContainerReference("mysascontainer");
    container.CreateIfNotExist();

BlobContainerPermissions containerPermissions = new BlobContainerPermissions();

containerPermissions.PublicAccess = BlobContainerPublicAccessType.Container;

container.SetPermissions(containerPermissions);

Hope this helps.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not. If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com Microsoft One Code Framework

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 1:35 AM