none
Outlook App MVC RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Guys,

Im looking to create a new mail app for outlook, ive created one via visual studio but i wish to convert this app into a MVC project. I have added the Dlls i can think of etc, however im wondering is there a better way, as in when i create the app is there an option to change it to a mvc version?

cheers guys

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 10:17 AM

Answers

• Hi lemunk,

>>however im wondering is there a better way, as in when i create the app is there an option to change it to a mvc version<<

As far as I know, there is no "option" we can set to change it to a MVC web project. However, a easy way for handle this secnario, is creating a MVC project and add the Office.js referece enable it to interop with Office. Then we can change source location in the menifest to point the MVC project as the web page.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 6:55 AM

All replies

• Hi lemunk,

>>however im wondering is there a better way, as in when i create the app is there an option to change it to a mvc version<<

As far as I know, there is no "option" we can set to change it to a MVC web project. However, a easy way for handle this secnario, is creating a MVC project and add the Office.js referece enable it to interop with Office. Then we can change source location in the menifest to point the MVC project as the web page.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 6:55 AM
  • perfect, thats what i started to do late yesterday. 1 other thing is my 365 mail-app for outlook 2013, will this also work with 2010 and 2007? if so are there any obvious limitations i should be aware off?
    Wednesday, July 22, 2015 7:53 AM
  • Hi lemunk,

>>other thing is my 365 mail-app for outlook 2013, will this also work with 2010 and 2007?<<

No, mail app works for Outlook 2013 and later.

You can get more detail about requirements for running apps for Office from link below:
    Requirements for running apps for Office

If you have other issues, I suggest that you reopen a new thread so that others can recognize the thread more easily and you would get more effective response.

Regards & Fei

Thursday, July 23, 2015 7:23 AM