Pricing for query RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I wanted to buy 10 GB in Azure Active Directory, and I wanted to ask regarding queries per sec (RU/s).

I wanted to add Stream analytics with Azure IoT hub connected to 2000 signals. So, I should scale cosmos DB to 2000 RU/sec, right?

Regards,

Yerkhan

Thursday, January 3, 2019 12:11 PM

Answers

• Hi Yerkhan,

I am going to sort out your question in a way that might be more understandable. Firstly, Azure Active Directory does not charge by the amount of the service consumed quantified by GB. Please take a look at Active Directory Pricing and you will see each service tier is broken down by what is offered.

Secondly, as for Cosmos DB pricing, it is best to use both the Azure Cosmos DB Pricing Calculator and the Cosmos DB capacity planner to get a realistic understanding for what to expect in terms of pricing. The capacity planner is based upon examples of your Json documents, so it is best to source all the possible writes and reads examples to get the most accurate data. Once you attach the Json examples and provide your estimated CRUD operations, you can then enter that data in the pricing calculator. 

I hope this information is useful and please let us know if you have any additional questions. Regards, ~Mike

• Marked as answer by Yerkhan Friday, January 4, 2019 4:15 AM
    Thursday, January 3, 2019 10:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Yerkhan,

I am going to sort out your question in a way that might be more understandable. Firstly, Azure Active Directory does not charge by the amount of the service consumed quantified by GB. Please take a look at Active Directory Pricing and you will see each service tier is broken down by what is offered.

Secondly, as for Cosmos DB pricing, it is best to use both the Azure Cosmos DB Pricing Calculator and the Cosmos DB capacity planner to get a realistic understanding for what to expect in terms of pricing. The capacity planner is based upon examples of your Json documents, so it is best to source all the possible writes and reads examples to get the most accurate data. Once you attach the Json examples and provide your estimated CRUD operations, you can then enter that data in the pricing calculator. 

I hope this information is useful and please let us know if you have any additional questions. Regards, ~Mike

• Marked as answer by Yerkhan Friday, January 4, 2019 4:15 AM
    Thursday, January 3, 2019 10:42 PM
  • Sorry, mixed up AD and Cosmos DB.

Thanks for your answer.

Regards,

Yerkhan

Friday, January 4, 2019 4:15 AM