Undelete Test Run Results and find out who deleted them RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

We had a QA issue where someone deleted a number of Test Runs from a Test Plan.  We like to try get those Test Runs back and/or find out who deleted them.  I looked in the warehouse but did not find a table that looks like a Deleted Test Runs or a column for deleted test Runs in the Test Run table. 

Any and all help would be great, 

BJ

Brian Jon Hop
    Saturday, April 2, 2011 5:25 PM

Answers

• I don't know of one. First thing I would check is the retention policy on your team build definition. If the results were tied to a team build that has since been cleaned up, there's a good chance that is what deleted the test results.
    -Aidan
    • Proposed as answer by Gautam Goenka [MSFT] Monday, April 11, 2011 6:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by BJHop Tuesday, April 12, 2011 7:44 PM
    Tuesday, April 5, 2011 7:32 PM

All replies

• They are permanently deleted. We recently had an issue where we had accidentally set the team build retention policy to delete test results which caused many test results to be lost. My solution was to restore an old TFS database backup to a secondary machine and create some scripts to pull the deleted information out of the backup. I recovered test attachments and we manually recreated the runs using the old attachments. I would be wary of attempting to re-insert the deleted data into the production database, it would probably be very difficult to restore all of the data correctly and maintain proper referential integrity.
    -Aidan
    Monday, April 4, 2011 7:06 PM
  • Aidan

Thanks for your reply

This what I thought, is there any way to figure how they were deleted? 

Bri

Brian Jon Hop
    Tuesday, April 5, 2011 5:04 PM
  • I don't know of one. First thing I would check is the retention policy on your team build definition. If the results were tied to a team build that has since been cleaned up, there's a good chance that is what deleted the test results.
    -Aidan
    • Proposed as answer by Gautam Goenka [MSFT] Monday, April 11, 2011 6:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by BJHop Tuesday, April 12, 2011 7:44 PM
    Tuesday, April 5, 2011 7:32 PM