none
Recognize objects with kinect RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    My name isRobertand I amdoing myfinal projectdegree with kinect.
    The project is acarpetfor people withphysical and mentaldisabilities, when theperson moveson thecarpetwill be issuedbydifferent soundsetc...

The questionis: HowI canrecognize objectswithkinect(carpet) for calibration for the game? as thiscan be moved fromplace to placebefore you startusing it

I need to knowthe position ofthe carpetto dividethespace onsubdivisionsfor differentsounds and actions

Thank and sorry for my english
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 2:44 PM

All replies

• Well you could recognize the persons gesture and add to learning machine and add the carpet in from the depth stream feed (idea not for sure how it would work in the depth stream part).

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda

Thursday, March 15, 2012 7:11 PM
  • Yes, I can recognize the persons gesture too easy with tracking. But the dificult is calibrate the Points (4)* in the carpet when aplication starts.

*Carpet

+.................................+

....................................          +:Points that i need know when aplication starts, this is the question...

+................................+

Thursday, March 15, 2012 7:39 PM
  • I think you might need to fool around with the depth stream but I dont know where to start but an honorable guess wold be trying to get the four points from the capture in depth stream. You could save your depth stream to file as a test and see if you can determine the points from the saved data.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda

Thursday, March 15, 2012 11:28 PM