none
USB Mobile Broadband Modem on Windows 10 IoT? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to connect my USB Vodafone Mobile Broadband K5150 with unlocked Emnify SIM to raspberry Pi 3 with Iot Core 10.0.17763.107

I followed these steps:

1. install the key on my Pc and check the internet access. Add APN Emnify "em" and check the cellular connection
    2. go into C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\WwanSvc\Profiles folder and get generated xml file.
    3. connect my raspberry to local network and go to \\[name or IP address]\c$. In the root I copy the xml file.
    4. renamed xml in "profile.xml"
    1. connect the key to your raspberry and enter a PSSession with PowerShell (details here: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot/win10/samples/powershell). Then, use this command: netsh mbn show readyinfo interface="Cellular". The correct interface (in my case it's "Cellular") can be retrieved with the command netsh mbn show interfaces (mbn standing for Mobile Broadband I suppose). The subscriber ID, with other useful information, is displayed and I copied it to the xml file on my xml file.
    2. what's left is the actual profile activation, in two parts: add the newly imported profile and tell the raspberry to connect to it. For that, use the commands netsh mbn add profile interface="Cellular" name="profile.xml" and netsh mbn connect interface="Cellular" connmode=name name=ProfileName.

After these steps, I received this error:

Connect Failure: error 0x139f.

Can someone help me?

Best regards,

emanuele leoni

Friday, February 14, 2020 9:47 AM

All replies

• Hello emanuele leoni,

You may get error 0x139f (ERROR_INVALID_STATE) in the case when the device is roaming but the roaming policy disallows data roaming - error on a connect request sent to wwansvc. You can try to toubleshoot this issue with this article.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot-core/troubleshooting#issue-when-connecting-a-mbm-device-when-roaming

Best Regards,

Michael

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 17, 2020 2:21 AM