Power View Drill Up Missing RRS feed

• Question

• I have Power View that contains multiple charts in one view. They all have drill down options. When I drill down through one of the charts, sometimes the drill up, filter, and expand buttons go away. When they do, it's from all the charts. I can't seem to get them to come back. I end up having to close the document and reopening it back up. Is there something I can do to prevent this from happening?

Thanks,

Lerina

Thursday, January 22, 2015 6:44 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, you used drill up/drill down in Power View report. When you drill down to the detail chart, sometimes the drill up, filter and expand buttons disappear. You need to close the report and reopen it to come back to the main report.

When we click down arrow to drill down to the next hierarchy, the drill up, filter and expand buttons will be displayed at top right of the report. We can come back to the main report by click the up arrow in the top right corner of the visualization. If you could not view up arrow, please click the chart to see if it is visible.

The screenshot is for your reference:

For more information about Adding drill-down to a Power View chart or matrix, please refer to the following document:
    https://support.office.com/en-nz/article/drilling-up-and-down-in-a-Power-View-chart-or-matrix-d67c5026-62f7-4766-9b22-3a8448c13ecd

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
    Wendy Fu

Wendy Fu
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Wendy Fu Wednesday, February 4, 2015 11:56 AM
    • Marked as answer by Wendy Fu Thursday, February 5, 2015 12:14 PM
    Tuesday, January 27, 2015 6:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, you used drill up/drill down in Power View report. When you drill down to the detail chart, sometimes the drill up, filter and expand buttons disappear. You need to close the report and reopen it to come back to the main report.

When we click down arrow to drill down to the next hierarchy, the drill up, filter and expand buttons will be displayed at top right of the report. We can come back to the main report by click the up arrow in the top right corner of the visualization. If you could not view up arrow, please click the chart to see if it is visible.

The screenshot is for your reference:

For more information about Adding drill-down to a Power View chart or matrix, please refer to the following document:
    https://support.office.com/en-nz/article/drilling-up-and-down-in-a-Power-View-chart-or-matrix-d67c5026-62f7-4766-9b22-3a8448c13ecd

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
    Wendy Fu

Wendy Fu
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Wendy Fu Wednesday, February 4, 2015 11:56 AM
    • Marked as answer by Wendy Fu Thursday, February 5, 2015 12:14 PM
    Tuesday, January 27, 2015 6:57 AM
  • Hi,

please let me know if you solved this issue, i'm facing the same problem and i cant find any information about it.

Regards

Jack

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 9:31 AM
  • Curious how you mark this question as answered when you didn't answer the question.  You stated the expected behavior using the icon in the red box on your reference screenshot; however, they sometimes disappear.

Your response, "If you could not view up arrow, please click the chart to see if it is visible." The original question rephrased then becomes... what can you do when you click on the chart and the drill up, filter, and pop-out still are not visible.

Thanks to Lerina, I at least know one way to get them to reappear... close and reopen the document.  I'm still curious why they disappear in the first place.
    Friday, December 28, 2018 5:14 PM